- The report contains detailed information about Tower Semiconductor Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tower Semiconductor Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tower Semiconductor Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tower Semiconductor Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tower Semiconductor Ltd. business.
About Tower Semiconductor Ltd.
Tower Semiconductor Ltd., an independent wafer foundry, manufactures semiconductors. The company manufactures semiconductors using production processes for its customers primarily based on third party designs and its own proprietary designs.
The company offers the manufacture of ICs with geometries ranging from 1.0 to 0.13-micron. It also provides design services and complementary technical services. ICs manufactured by the company are incorporated into a range of products in various markets, including consumer electronics, personal computers, communications, automotive, industrial, and medical device products. The company manufactures ICs on silicon wafers, generally using the customers proprietary circuit designs. In some cases, the company uses third-party or its own proprietary design elements.
The company provides wafer fabrication services to fabless IC companies and IDMs and enables integration of the semiconductor design and manufacturing processes. It serves as a sole source or alternative provider of foundry services.
The company manufactures using specialty process technologies. The specific process technologies that the company focuses on include CMOS Image Sensors (CIS), advanced analog CMOS, Radio Frequency CMOS (RF CMOS), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Bipolar CMOS (BiCMOS), Silicon Germanium (SiGe BiCMOS), High Voltage CMOS, and Bipolar CMOS double-diffused metal oxide semiconductor (BCD).
The company has a partnership with CMT Medical Technologies Ltd. (CMT), a provider of advanced digital X-ray imaging systems for medical diagnosis, to develop, market, and sell X-ray detectors for medical applications. The company offers a digital intensive power management platform, based on its 0.18um technology node. It develops its isolated premium platform as an add-on to the current one.
In addition, the company developed a zero mask adder NVM solution specifically for power and power management devices on its 0.18um platform. It released various Y-Flash based modules to its customers which have already been integrated into their products. In 2009, the company was chosen by Intersil to develop its 0.18um based power management platform. In 2009, it commenced the development of a 700V platform in its Fab1 1.0um technology node that would serve the LED lighting market.
The primary customers of the companys foundry services are fabless semiconductor companies and independent device manufacturers (IDMs). The company manufactures products for a range of electronic products, including applications, such as transceivers and power management for cellular phones; transceivers and power amplifiers for wireless local area networking products; power management, audio amplifiers and driver integrated circuits for consumer electronics; tuners for digital televisions and set-top boxes; modem chipsets for broadband access devices and gaming devices; serializer/deserializers, or SerDes, for fiber optic transceivers; focal plan arrays for imaging applications; controllers for power amplifier and switching chips in cellular phones and wireline interfaces for switches and routers.
The company competes with the pure-play advanced technology node-driven foundry service providers, such as Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation (TSMC), United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC), Global Foundries Inc., and Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMIC). It competes directly in the CMOS specialty segment with foundries, such as Vanguard, DongBu, X-Fab, ASMC, Grace, HHNEC, and Silterra. The company also competes with integrated device manufacturers that have internal semiconductor manufacturing capacity or foundry operations, such as IBM.
On August 24, 2010, Tower Semiconductor Ltd. and Magma Design Automation Inc. are collaborating on a new service for Tower customers. Magma's Titan Mixed-Signal Design Platform has been qualified for Tower's Power Management Analog/Mixed-Signal (AMS) Reference Flow and process design kits (iPDKs) for its 180-nanometer (nm) technologies.
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. was founded in 1993.
1. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tower Semiconductor Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tower Semiconductor Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. TOWER SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Major Shareholders
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. History
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Offices and Representations
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2010-2013 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2010-2013 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2010-2013 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tower Semiconductor Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?