- The report contains detailed information about Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. business.
About Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd.
Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. operates as a solar energy company. The company designs, develops, manufactures, and markets various PV cells and modules, including a range of value-added BIPV (building-integrated photovoltaics) products. Its products are used to provide electric power for residential, commercial, industrial and public utility applications in various markets worldwide. The company also provides PV (photovoltaic) system integration services to customers in China and the United States.
Products and Services
The companys products are used to provide reliable and environmentally friendly electric power for residential, commercial, industrial and public utility applications in various markets worldwide. The company also provides commercial and utility scale PV system integration services in both the United States and China.
A PV cell is a semiconductor device made from a silicon wafer that converts sunlight into electricity by photovoltaic effect. The company produces various monocrystalline and multicrystalline silicon PV cells.
A PV module is an assembly of PV cells that have been electrically interconnected and encapsulated via a lamination process into a durable and weather-proof package. The company produces various PV modules ranging from two to 290 watts in power, with higher output modules under development.
The companys Just Roof product and SolarBlend solar tile are products where the solar panel displaces the traditional roofing material. In addition to sales of BIPV products under the Suntech brand, the company also sells its BIPV products as part of an OEM strategy which are sold under other brand names. The company has ongoing relationships with several technology and channel partners, including Akeena Solar, Applied Solar (formerly Open Energy Corporation), Eagle Roofing, and DRI/Lumeta.
The company sells its products in various markets worldwide, including Spain, Germany, the United States, China, South Korea, Italy, the Middle East, Australia and Japan. The company also provides PV system integration services in China and the United States.
Sales and Marketing
The company also has been actively establishing local sales offices in its markets such as Spain, Italy, Germany, Japan, Australia, South Korea and the Middle East. The company has established local sales and service offices in Dubai, Madrid, Milan, Munich, San Francisco, Seoul, Sydney, Schaffhausen (outside of Zurich), and Tokyo.
The companys major international customers include IBC Solar, Energiebau Solarstromsysteme GMBH, Krannich Solar GMBH, Energetica Wing SRL, and EDF EN Development.
On October 5, 2010, National Semiconductor Corporation announced that it is collaborating with Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. to develop 'smart panel' technology, incorporating National Semiconductor's award-winning SolarMagic power optimizer chipset into Suntech solar panels to improve the power output of solar systems.
On October 11, 2010, Azuray Technologies, Inc. announced it is collaborating with Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. to explore 'smart panel' solutions targeted at bringing greater solar energy generation to new solar installations.
In October 2010, Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. and CaliSolar, Inc. announced that the companies have signed an agreement to construct a solar silicon manufacturing facility in Ontario Canada.
In December 2010, Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. would form a joint venture with Wuxi Industrial Development Fund and Wuxi New District E&D Group to own and operate a 1.2GW PV cell production facility located at the heart of Suntech's Wuxi campus.
The companys competitors include PV divisions of large conglomerates such as Sharp Corporation, specialized cell manufacturers such as Q-Cells AG, as well as integrated manufacturers of PV products such as Kyocera Corporation, Renewable Energy Corporation, SolarWorld AG and SunPower Corporation. The companys competitors also include Trina Solar; Yingli Solar; and First Solar, Inc.
Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. was founded in 2001.
1. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. SUNTECH POWER HOLDINGS CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. History
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2010-2013 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2010-2013 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2010-2013 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?