- The report contains detailed information about Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Energy Conversion Devices, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. business.
About Energy Conversion Devices, Inc.
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of photovoltaic (PV) products. The company also licenses its nickel metal hydride (NiMH) battery technology and sells nickel hydroxide used in NiMH batteries.
The company operates its business in two segments, United Solar Ovonic and Ovonic Materials.
UNITED SOLAR OVONIC SEGMENT
The United Solar Ovonic segment provides PV laminates that generate clean and renewable energy by converting sunlight into electricity. This segment, which its conducts through its wholly owned subsidiary, United Solar Ovonic LLC (USO), is based principally on its technologies for thin-film amorphous silicon PV laminates and roll-to-roll manufacturing.
In 2009, the company acquired 100% of the outstanding common shares of Solar Integrated Technologies, Inc. (SIT), which involves in the design, development, and installation of rooftop building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) systems. Through a combination of SIT and USO resources, it also develops ground mount and rooftop PV projects, including projects that deploy its PV laminates.
The companys PV laminates possess various attributes for both rooftop and building integrated applications. In addition, its products generate electricity in real world conditions.
The company sells its PV laminates principally for commercial and industrial rooftop applications. It sells its laminates to commercial roofing materials manufacturers, builders and building contractors, and solar power installers/integrators, which incorporate its PV laminates into their products for commercial sale and then handle all aspects of the consumer relationship, including marketing, sales, and service. In addition, it is developing multiple building integrated products to address the residential rooftop market opportunities in North America and Europe.
The company manufactures its PV laminates using its proprietary vacuum deposition and roll-to-roll manufacturing processes that deposit amorphous silicon as a thin film on a stainless steel substrate. It has designed, developed, and manufactured the automated production equipment based on these process technologies.
The company has established a joint venture, United Solar Ovonic Jinneng Limited, which is organized under the laws of the Peoples Republic of China, to manufacture solar products in China for sale in the Chinese market using solar cells. It owns 25% of the joint venture.
The company maintains sales offices in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United States.
The company's customers include Solardis-Soprasolar; Alwitra Flachdach Systeme GmbH; Advanced Green Technologies, Inc. (a unit of Advanced Roofing, Inc.); Marcegaglia Taranto S.p.A. Derbigum Suisse Sarl; Centrosolar AG; and Enel Green Power.
The companys principal competitors in the solar market include Sharp Corporation; Q-Cells AG; Evergreen Solar, Inc.; Kyocera Corporation; Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd. (Sanyo); SunPower Corp.; Mitsubishi Electric Corporation; Yingli Solar; Trina Solar Limited; Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd.; and First Solar, Inc.
OVONIC MATERIALS SEGMENT
The Ovonic Materials Segment invents, designs, and develops materials and products based on its pioneering materials science technology. It is commercializing its materials, and consumer and stationary NiMH battery technology through this segment. It also engages in pre-commercialization activities for its technologies.
NiMH batteries are rechargeable energy storage solutions offering high power and energy, long cycle life, and maintenance-free operation. They are adaptable to a range of consumer, transportation, and stationary applications. It commercializes its NiMH battery technology principally through third-party licensing arrangements with NiMH battery manufacturers, principally for consumer and transportation applications throughout the world. It also sells proprietary positive electrode nickel hydroxide materials for use in NiMH batteries. It conducts its NiMH battery technology licensing and materials manufacturing activities through its subsidiary Ovonic Battery Company, Inc., in which it has a 93.6% equity interest.
Ovonyx: The companys Ovonyx joint venture is commercializing its proprietary Ovonic Universal Memory (OUM) and Ovonic Threshold Switch (OTS) technology through licensing and product development arrangements. OUM is a nonvolatile memory that can replace conventional nonvolatile or FLASH memory in applications requiring retention of stored data when power is turned off, including cell phones, PDAs, digital cameras, and microelectronics. It owns 38.6% of the common stock of Ovonyx, Inc. Ovonyx, Inc. has entered into license agreements with Intel Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Elpida Memory, Inc., STMicroelectronics N.V., BAE Systems, Hynix Semiconductor, Inc., and Numonyx B.V. (acquired by Micron Technology, Inc.), to produce OUM products.
In 2009, the company completed the sale of its interest in Cobasys LLC, its former joint venture through which it commercialized its NiMH battery technology.
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. was founded in 1960.
1. ENERGY CONVERSION DEVICES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ENERGY CONVERSION DEVICES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ENERGY CONVERSION DEVICES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ENERGY CONVERSION DEVICES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ENERGY CONVERSION DEVICES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ENERGY CONVERSION DEVICES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ENERGY CONVERSION DEVICES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Major Shareholders
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. History
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Offices and Representations
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.