- The report contains detailed information about Applied Materials Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Applied Materials Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Applied Materials Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Applied Materials Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Applied Materials Inc. business.
About Applied Materials Inc.
Applied Materials, Inc. provides manufacturing equipment, services, and software to the global semiconductor, flat panel display, solar photovoltaic (PV), and related industries. The company's customers include manufacturers of semiconductor wafers and chips, flat panel liquid crystal displays (LCDs), solar PV cells and modules, and other electronic devices.
The company operates in four segments: Silicon Systems Group; Applied Global Services; Display; and Energy and Environmental Solutions.
SILICON SYSTEMS GROUP SEGMENT
The Silicon Systems Group segment develops, manufactures, and sells a range of manufacturing equipment used to fabricate semiconductor chips, also referred to as integrated circuits (ICs). The chips are built on a silicon wafer base and include various circuit components, such as transistors and other devices, that are connected by multiple layers of wiring (interconnects). The company offers systems that perform its primary processes used in chip fabrication, including atomic layer deposition (ALD), chemical vapor deposition (CVD), physical vapor deposition (PVD), electrochemical deposition (ECD) etch, rapid thermal processing (RTP), chemical mechanical planarization (CMP), wet cleaning, and wafer metrology and inspection, as well as systems that etch, measure, and inspect circuit patterns on masks used in the photolithography process. Its semiconductor manufacturing systems are used by integrated device manufacturers and foundries to build and package memory, logic, and other types of chips. The company supplies systems for manufacturing copper-based chips, including equipment for depositing, etching, and planarizing copper interconnect layers. It provides systems for depositing low k dielectric films. It has a portfolio of characterized processes for building these high-k/metal gates. These solutions include an integrated dielectric gate stack tool that combines four critical processes in a single system, a portfolio of metallization technologies using ALD and PVD, and a high temperature etch system.
The company has acquired Semitool, Inc., a supplier of ECD and wafer surface preparation equipment used by chip packaging companies. It sells majority of its single-wafer, multi-chamber systems on four basic platforms: the Centura, the Endura, the Producer, and the Vantage. These platforms support ALD, CVD, PVD, etch and RTP technologies. The company offers a range of 300mm systems. It also offers earlier-generation 200mm systems, as well as products and services to support its systems. Its portfolio of products and their associated process technology areas consist of:
Deposition is a fundamental step in fabricating a chip. The company provides equipment to perform four types of deposition: ALD, CVD, ECD, and PVD. In addition, its RTP systems can be used to perform certain types of dielectric deposition.
Atomic Layer Deposition
ALD is an advanced technology in which atoms are deposited one layer at a time to build chip structures. This technology enables customers to fabricate thin films of either conducting or insulating material with uniform coverage in sub-nanometer sized structures. The company offers ALD chambers for depositing tungsten and high-k/metal gate films. In 2010, it introduced its Applied Endura iLB PVD/ALD system, an advancement in ALD technology that enables customers to shrink the contact structures to increase signal speeds in 22nm and beyond logic and memory devices.
Chemical Vapor Deposition
CVD is used to deposit dielectric and metal films on a wafer. Films deposited by CVD may be silicon oxide, single-crystal epitaxial silicon, amorphous silicon, silicon nitride, dielectric anti-reflective coatings, low k dielectric, aluminum, titanium, titanium nitride, polysilicon, tungsten, refractory metals or silicides. The company offers the following CVD products and technologies:
The Applied Producer CVD platform This platform features Twin-Chamber modules that have two single-wafer process chambers per unit. Up to three Twin-Chamber modules can be mounted on each Producer platform, giving it a simultaneous processing capacity of six
1. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Applied Materials Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Applied Materials Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Applied Materials Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Applied Materials Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Applied Materials Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. APPLIED MATERIALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Applied Materials Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Applied Materials Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Applied Materials Inc. Major Shareholders
Applied Materials Inc. History
Applied Materials Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Applied Materials Inc. Offices and Representations
Applied Materials Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Applied Materials Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Applied Materials Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Applied Materials Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Applied Materials Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Applied Materials Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Applied Materials Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Applied Materials Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Applied Materials Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Applied Materials Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Applied Materials Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Applied Materials Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?