- The report contains detailed information about SAES Getters SpA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SAES Getters SpA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SAES Getters SpA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SAES Getters SpA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SAES Getters SpA business.
About SAES Getters SpA
SAES Getters S.p.A. engages in the development, manufacturing and marketing of getters and other components for displays and other industrial applications, as well as in the gas purification industry. The company also operates in the field of advanced materials, particularly in the development of shape memory alloys, getters for microelectronic and micromechanical systems and optical crystals.
The company operates through four units: Information Displays, Industrial Applications, Shape Memory Alloys and Advanced Materials.
Information Displays Business Unit
Liquid Crystal Displays Business: For the television set, monitor and liquid crystal display industry, SAES Getters develops technologies that are considered strategic for maintaining the vacuum and for absorbing harmful gases in the cold cathode fluorescent lamps for the LCDs displays back-ligthing.
Cathode Ray Tubes Business: SAES Getters engages in the production and supply of getters used to maintain vacuum conditions in cathode ray tubes for color televisions and monitors.
Industrial Applications Business Unit
Lamps Business: SAES Getters engages in the supply of getters and metal dispensers for lamps. It also engages in the development of mercury dispensers with a low environmental impact.
Electronic Devices Business: The Electronic Devices Business provides technological solutions to a range of markets, including the aeronautical, medical, industrial, security and defense sectors. The products developed are employed in various devices, such as night vision devices, infrared seeking devices, X-ray tubes and laser gyroscopes. The Electronic Devices Business includes getter solutions for vacuumthermal insulation for solar collectors.
Vacuum Systems & VacuumThermal Insulation Business: SAES Getters solutions for vacuum thermal insulation include NEG products for cryogenic applications and vacuum flasks, as well as vacuum insulating panels whose main use is for refrigerated transport containers.
Semiconductors Business: Through the subsidiary SAES Pure Gas, the company offers a range of purifiers for bulk gases and special gases, as well as vacuum pumps that can be used directly inside process rooms. The range of SAES Getters purifiers, which covers flows required and gases normally used in the processes involving the production of semiconductors, represents the market standard as regards the technology used, the totality of impurities removed and the lifespan of the purifiers.
Shape Memory Alloys Business Unit
Shape Memory Alloys (SMA) Business: SAES Getters produces shape memory alloy components, a family of materials characterized by super elasticity and by the property of assuming predefined forms when subjected to heat treatment.
Advanced Materials Business Development Unit
Getters per MEMS: SAES Getters has developed solutions that involve the use of thin film getters.
Optoelectronic Materials: The product line includes optical crystals for the electronic devices, industrial lasers, and scintillator markets.
Other Flat Panels
SAES Getters offers getters and dryers that can be used in developments in the flat panel industry, among which Field Emission Display (FED) and Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLED).
In 2008, the company acquired Memry Corporation, which engages in the design, engineering, development and manufacturing of medical devices and other industrial applications of Nitinol (nickel-titanium) alloys. It also acquired the SMA division of Special Metals Corporation, which supplies shape-memory alloys for the biomedical industry and content applications.
In February 2009, the company sold the activities belonging to Putnam Plastics, the polymer division of the indirectly controlled company Memry Corporation.
SAES Getters S.p.A. was founded in 1940.
1. SAES GETTERS SPA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SAES GETTERS SPA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SAES GETTERS SPA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SAES GETTERS SPA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SAES GETTERS SPA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SAES Getters SpA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SAES Getters SpA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SAES Getters SpA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SAES Getters SpA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SAES Getters SpA Industry Position Analysis
6. SAES GETTERS SPA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SAES GETTERS SPA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SAES GETTERS SPA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SAES GETTERS SPA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SAES GETTERS SPA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. SAES GETTERS SPA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SAES Getters SpA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SAES Getters SpA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SAES Getters SpA Major Shareholders
SAES Getters SpA History
SAES Getters SpA Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
SAES Getters SpA Offices and Representations
SAES Getters SpA SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SAES Getters SpA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SAES Getters SpA Capital Market Snapshot
SAES Getters SpA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
SAES Getters SpA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SAES Getters SpA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
SAES Getters SpA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SAES Getters SpA 1-year Stock Charts
SAES Getters SpA 5-year Stock Charts
SAES Getters SpA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SAES Getters SpA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SAES Getters SpA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?