- The report contains detailed information about STAAR Surgical Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for STAAR Surgical Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The STAAR Surgical Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes STAAR Surgical Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of STAAR Surgical Company business.
About STAAR Surgical Company
STAAR Surgical Company engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of implantable lenses for the eye. The company makes lenses both for use in surgery that treats cataracts, and for use in corrective or refractive surgery.
All of the lenses the company makes are foldable, which permits the surgeon to insert them through a small incision in minimally invasive surgery. The company refers to its lenses used in refractive surgery as implantable Collamer lenses or ICLs.
Minimally Invasive Intraocular Lenses (IOLs): The company produces and markets a line of foldable IOLs for use in minimally invasive cataract surgical procedures. Its IOLs can be implanted into the eye through an incision less than 3mm in length, and for one model as small as 2.2 mm. Once inserted, the IOL unfolds naturally to replace the cataractous lens.
The company also markets foldable IOLs packaged in a preloaded delivery system with an independently sourced acrylic lens in various markets outside the U.S. During 2009, STAAR introduced the nanoFLEX IOL, which has NTIOL approval and can be delivered through a 2.2 mm micro-incision using STAARs new nanoPOINT Injection System.
The company has developed and markets, principally in the U.S., the Toric IOL, a toric version of single-piece silicone IOL, which is specifically designed for cataract patients who also have pre-existing astigmatism.
STAAR Japan introduced the Preloaded Injector in international markets in 2003. The Preloaded Injector is a silicone or acrylic IOL packaged and shipped in a pre-sterilized, disposable injector ready for use in cataract surgery. In 2006, STAAR Japan began selling in Japan an acrylic-lens-based Preloaded Injector employing a lens supplied by Nidek Inc., a Japanese ophthalmic company. The acrylic Preloaded Injector is sold in Europe and other Asian countries. Nidek also assembles and sells the acrylic Preloaded Injector under its own brand, using injector parts purchased from STAAR Japan. STAAR Japans agreement with Nidek provides for the sale of the acrylic Preloaded Injector in additional territories by mutual agreement of the two companies.
Visian ICL (ICLs): ICLs are implanted into the eye in order to correct refractive disorders such as myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. The ICL is capable of correcting refractive errors over a wide range. The ICL is available for myopia in the United States in four lengths and 27 powers for each length, and internationally in four lengths, with 41 powers for each length, and outside the U.S. the HICL for hyperopia is available in four lengths, with 37 powers for each length, which equates to 420 inventoried parts.
Other Surgical Products
The company also sells other related instruments, devices, surgical packs and equipment that it manufactures or that are manufactured by others.
German Distribution Business
During the year 2009, STAAR owned Domilens, a German ophthalmic distribution company. Domilens principally resells and services products manufactured by third parties, along with STAARs ICLs and Preloaded Injectors.
The company markets products to a variety of health care providers, including surgical centers, hospitals, managed care providers, health maintenance organizations, group purchasing organizations, and government facilities. The primary user of its products is the ophthalmologist.
The company competes with Alcon Laboratories; Abbott Medical Optics; and Bausch & Lomb. Primary competitors in the development and sale of products used to surgically correct cataracts, specifically foldable IOLs, include Alcon, Abbott and Bausch & Lomb.
STAAR Surgical Company was founded in 1982.
1. STAAR SURGICAL COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STAAR SURGICAL COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STAAR SURGICAL COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STAAR SURGICAL COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STAAR SURGICAL COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. STAAR Surgical Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of STAAR Surgical Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of STAAR Surgical Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. STAAR Surgical Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. STAAR Surgical Company Industry Position Analysis
6. STAAR SURGICAL COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STAAR SURGICAL COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
STAAR Surgical Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
STAAR Surgical Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
STAAR Surgical Company Major Shareholders
STAAR Surgical Company History
STAAR Surgical Company Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
STAAR Surgical Company Offices and Representations
STAAR Surgical Company SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
STAAR Surgical Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
STAAR Surgical Company Capital Market Snapshot
STAAR Surgical Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
STAAR Surgical Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
STAAR Surgical Company Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
STAAR Surgical Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
STAAR Surgical Company 1-year Stock Charts
STAAR Surgical Company 5-year Stock Charts
STAAR Surgical Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
STAAR Surgical Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
STAAR Surgical Company Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.