- The report contains detailed information about Patterson Companies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Patterson Companies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Patterson Companies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Patterson Companies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Patterson Companies Inc. business.
About Patterson Companies Inc.
Patterson Companies, Inc. operates as a distributor to serve the dental, companion-pet veterinarian, and rehabilitation supply markets.
The company operates in three segments: Dental Supply, Veterinary Supply, and Rehabilitation Supply.
The Dental Supply segment distributes dental products in North America. Patterson Dental, a supplier to dentists, dental laboratories, institutions, and other healthcare professionals, provides consumable products (including x-ray film, restorative materials, hand instruments, and sterilization products); basic and advanced technology dental equipment; practice management and clinical software; patient education systems; and office forms and stationery. Patterson Dental offers its customers a selection of dental products, including approximately 90,000 stock keeping units (SKUs) of which approximately 4,000 are private-label products sold under the Patterson name. Patterson Dental also offers customers a range of related services, including dental equipment installation, maintenance and repair, dental office design, and equipment financing. Patterson Dental markets its dental products and services through approximately 1,500 direct sales representatives, 269 of whom are equipment specialists.
Products and Services
Consumable and Printed Products
Dental Supplies: The company offers a product line of consumable dental supplies, such as x-ray film and solutions; impression materials; restorative materials (composites and alloys); hand instruments; sterilization products; anesthetics; infection control products, such as protective clothing, gloves and facemasks; paper, cotton, and other disposable products; toothbrushes and a line of dental accessories, including instruments, burs, and diamonds. The company also markets its own private label line of dental supplies, including anesthetics, instruments, preventive and restorative products, and cotton and paper products.
Printed Office Products: Patterson Dental provides various printed office products, office filing supplies, and practice management systems to office-based healthcare providers, including dental, veterinary, and medical offices. Its products include custom printed products, insurance and billing forms, stationery, envelopes and business cards, labels, file folders, appointment books and other stock office supply products.
Equipment and Software
Dental Equipment: Patterson Dental is a supplier of dental equipment in the United States and Canada. It offers various dental equipment products, including x-ray machines, high-and low-speed handpieces, dental chairs, dental handpiece control units, diagnostic equipment, sterilizers, dental lights, and compressors. The company also distributes newer technology equipment such products include the CEREC family of products, a chair-side restoration system; digital imaging products (including intra-oral, panoramic, and 3-D or cone beam x-rays); and inter-oral cameras.
Software: The company develops and markets its own line of practice management and clinical software for dental professionals. Its products include software for scheduling, billing, charting, and capture/storage/retrieval of digital images. The company also sells software products developed by third parties, including Sidexis by Sirona and Dimax2 by Planmeca.
Hardware: Patterson Dental offers custom hardware and networking solutions required for integrating the dental office. This product is offered to the companys dental customers.
Patient Education Services: The CAESY Education Systems line of products offers patient education products and services. These communications tools are designed to influence patient decisions about services.
Software Services: The company offers various services to complement its software products, such as service agreements, electronic claims processing, and billing statement processing.
Equipment Installation, Repair, and Maintenance: The major equipment sold by the company includes installation and its 90-day labor warranty. The company also provides repair and maintenance services for dental equipment, whether or not pu
1. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Patterson Companies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Patterson Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Patterson Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Patterson Companies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Patterson Companies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. PATTERSON COMPANIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Patterson Companies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Patterson Companies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Patterson Companies Inc. Major Shareholders
Patterson Companies Inc. History
Patterson Companies Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Patterson Companies Inc. Offices and Representations
Patterson Companies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Patterson Companies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Patterson Companies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Patterson Companies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Patterson Companies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Patterson Companies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Patterson Companies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Patterson Companies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Patterson Companies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Patterson Companies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Patterson Companies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Patterson Companies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?