- The report contains detailed information about Cardinal Health, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cardinal Health, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cardinal Health, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cardinal Health, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cardinal Health, Inc. business.
About Cardinal Health, Inc.
Cardinal Health, Inc., a global healthcare solutions company, provides products and services to hospitals, physician offices, and pharmacies.
The company operates in two segments, Pharmaceutical and Medical.
The Pharmaceutical segment distributes branded and generic pharmaceutical, over-the-counter healthcare, and consumer products through its pharmaceutical distribution business; operates nuclear pharmacies and cyclotron facilities that prepare and deliver radiopharmaceuticals for use in nuclear imaging and other procedures in hospitals and clinics; distributes specialty pharmaceutical products and provides third-party logistics support services to manufacturers; and franchises retail pharmacies under the Medicine Shoppe and Medicap brands, and provides pharmacy services to hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
The pharmaceutical distribution business is a full-service wholesale distributor to retail customers (including chain and independent drug stores and pharmacy departments of supermarkets and mass merchandisers), hospitals, and alternate care providers (including mail order pharmacies) located throughout the United States and in Puerto Rico. Pharmaceutical distribution also helps pharmaceutical manufacturers with services including distribution, inventory management, data/reporting, new product launch support, and contract and chargeback administration.
The Medical segment distributes a range of medical, surgical, and laboratory products to hospitals, surgery centers, laboratories, physician offices, and other healthcare providers. This segment also develops, manufactures, and sources its own line of medical and surgical products. These products include sterile and non-sterile procedure kits; single-use surgical drapes, gowns and apparel; exam and surgical gloves; and fluid suction and collection systems. The companys medical and surgical products are sold directly or through third-party distributors in the United States, Canada, Europe, South America, and the Asia/Pacific region.
In July 2010, the company acquired Healthcare Solutions Holding, LLC, which provides specialty healthcare services.
The company's major customers include Walgreen Co. and CVS Caremark Corporation. It has group purchasing organization relationships with Novation, LLC, and Premier Purchasing Partners, L.P.
In the Pharmaceutical segment, the company competes with two other national, full-line wholesale distributors, including McKesson Corporation and AmerisourceBergen Corporation.
In the Medical segment, the company competes with different distributors, including Owens & Minor, Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; PSS World Medical, Inc.; Henry Schein, Inc.; and Medline Industries, Inc. Competitors of the Medical segments development and manufacturing business include Kimberly-Clark Corporation; Ansell Limited; DeRoyal Industries Inc.; Medline Industries, Inc.; and Molnlycke Health Care.
Cardinal Health, Inc. was founded in 1979.
1. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cardinal Health, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cardinal Health, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cardinal Health, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cardinal Health, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cardinal Health, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. CARDINAL HEALTH, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cardinal Health, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cardinal Health, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cardinal Health, Inc. Major Shareholders
Cardinal Health, Inc. History
Cardinal Health, Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Cardinal Health, Inc. Offices and Representations
Cardinal Health, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cardinal Health, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cardinal Health, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cardinal Health, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Cardinal Health, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cardinal Health, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Cardinal Health, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cardinal Health, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cardinal Health, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cardinal Health, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cardinal Health, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cardinal Health, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?