- The report contains detailed information about American Shared Hospital Services that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for American Shared Hospital Services. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The American Shared Hospital Services financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes American Shared Hospital Services competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of American Shared Hospital Services business.
About American Shared Hospital Services
American Shared Hospital Services provides Gamma Knife stereotactic radiosurgery equipment and radiation therapy and related equipment in the United States.
As of March 5, 2010, the company provided its equipment to 19 medical centers in 17 states. It provides Gamma Knife services through its 81% indirect interest in GK Financing, LLC, a California limited liability company (GKF). GKF is a provider of alternative financing services for Elekta Gamma Knife units. The company provides Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and related equipment to one medical center in Massachusetts.
Gamma Knife Operations
Gamma Knife stereotactic radiosurgery, a non-invasive procedure, is an alternative to conventional brain surgery or can be an adjunct to conventional brain surgery. Compared to conventional surgery, Gamma Knife radiosurgery usually involves shorter patient hospitalization, lower risk of complications.
The Gamma Knife treats patients with 201 single doses of gamma rays that are focused with precision on small and medium size, circumscribed and critically located structures in the brain. The Gamma Knife delivers the concentrated dose of gamma rays from Cobalt-60 sources housed in the Gamma Knife. The Cobalt-60 sources converge at the target area and deliver a dose that is high enough to destroy the diseased tissue without damaging surrounding healthy tissue.
The Gamma Knife treats selected malignant and benign brain tumors, trigeminal neuralgia (facial pain) and arteriovenous malformations. Research is being conducted to determine whether the Gamma Knife can be effective in the treatment of epilepsy and other functional disorders. As of December 31, 2009, there were approximately 108 Gamma Knife sites in the United States and 271 units in operation worldwide.
Image Guided Radiation Therapy Operations
The companys radiation therapy business consists of one Image Guided Radiation Therapy system. IGRT technology integrates imaging and detection components into a linear accelerator, allowing clinicians to plan treatment, verify positioning, and deliver treatment with a single device, providing radiation therapy with less damage to healthy tissue. IGRT captures CT, fluoroscopic and x-ray images on a daily basis, creating three-dimensional images that pinpoint the exact size, location and coordinates of tumors. Once tumors are pinpointed, the system delivers ultra-precise doses of radiation which ultimately leads to improved patient outcomes.
The companys business is the outsourcing of stereotactic radiosurgery services and radiation therapy services. Its major customers include Southwest Texas Methodist Hospital; Yale New Haven Ambulatory Services Corporation; Kettering Medical Center; Tufts-New England Medical Center; University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences; Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital; JFK Medical Center; Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center; Central Mississippi Medical Center; OSF Saint Francis Medical Center; Bayfront Medical Center; Mercy Medical Center; Baptist Medical Center Albuquerque Regional Medical Center; Lehigh Valley Hospital; Baptist Hospital of East Tennessee; Northern Westchester Hospital; Mercy Health Center; Tufts-New England Medical Center (IGRT); and USC University Hospital.
The companys main competitor is Elekta AB.
American Shared Hospital Services was founded in 1980.
1. AMERICAN SHARED HOSPITAL SERVICES COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERICAN SHARED HOSPITAL SERVICES BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERICAN SHARED HOSPITAL SERVICES SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERICAN SHARED HOSPITAL SERVICES FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERICAN SHARED HOSPITAL SERVICES COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. American Shared Hospital Services Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of American Shared Hospital Services and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of American Shared Hospital Services and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. American Shared Hospital Services Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. American Shared Hospital Services Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERICAN SHARED HOSPITAL SERVICES NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERICAN SHARED HOSPITAL SERVICES EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
American Shared Hospital Services Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
American Shared Hospital Services Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
American Shared Hospital Services Major Shareholders
American Shared Hospital Services History
American Shared Hospital Services Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
American Shared Hospital Services Offices and Representations
American Shared Hospital Services SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
American Shared Hospital Services Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
American Shared Hospital Services Capital Market Snapshot
American Shared Hospital Services Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
American Shared Hospital Services Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
American Shared Hospital Services Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
American Shared Hospital Services Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
American Shared Hospital Services 1-year Stock Charts
American Shared Hospital Services 5-year Stock Charts
American Shared Hospital Services vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
American Shared Hospital Services vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
American Shared Hospital Services Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.