- The report contains detailed information about ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ProMetic Life Sciences Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. business.
About ProMetic Life Sciences Inc.
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, offers technologies for drug purification, drug development, proteomics, clinical diagnostics, and the elimination of pathogens. The company is also developing products to treat anemia, neutropenia, cancer, and autoimmune disease/inflammation.
The company uses its proprietary Affinity Technology, which employs its Mimetic Ligand technology (chemical hooks that selectively recognize and bind to target biomolecules) to facilitate various applications where a target biomolecule requires purification or removal.
Products and Services
The company is a technology provider and drug developer in the fields of hematology, oncology, and nephrology. It focuses these activities in two distinct fields; therapeutics and protein technologies. It develops therapeutics to treat blood-related disorders. Its protein technologies are used to remove pathogens from blood and extract and recover valuable proteins from plasma.
The Protein Technologies business unit has research & development operations in Maryland, the U.S.; and Cambridge, the U.K., as well as manufacturing operations on the Isle of Man, the U.K.; and in Joliette, Canada. This business unit focuses on the development and manufacturing of plasma-derived therapeutics based on its validated technology, the Plasma Protein Purification System (PPPS); pathogen removal and diagnostics using technology; and the manufacture of specialist filtration media for use in the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals, based on its patented Mimetic Ligand technology.
PPPS: The system offers an alternative to the legacy manufacturing process (the Cohn Process) and it removes therapeutic proteins from plasma with a process that improve the recovery yield. The company owns a license to use the PPPS technology, as well as a license to manufacture and sell any products derived from the PPPS technology, and the right to sublicense to third parties those same rights. Manufacturers of a range of blood-derived products, such as Kedrion, Blue Blood, and WIBP, have signed agreements incorporating the companys technology into their manufacturing processes for the development of therapeutic products.
Purification Media: The company's bioseparation products and pathogen removal technologies are managed by its United Kingdom subsidiary ProMetic BioSciences Ltd (PBL), which has R&D facilities at the Cambridge Science Park and manufacturing operations located on the Isle of Man. 12 different bioseparation materials developed and manufactured by the company have been adopted for the manufacture of licensed biopharmaceuticals or as components of licensed medical devices or medical diagnostics.
Prion Reduction Technology: The company and its partners Pathogen Removal and Diagnostic Technologies, Inc. (PRDT) and MacoPharma SA have joined forces in the development of the P-Capt filter, a prion reduction device for red cell filtration. which has earned European regulatory approval (CE Mark). The prion reduction technology incorporated into the device was developed as part of a jointventure between the company and the American Red Cross under the name Pathogen Removal and Diagnostic Technologies, Inc. (PRDT). The company's commercial application known as the BSafE technology is to use the validated PRDT technology for prion reduction in the search for a diagnostic that would certify live cattle as BSE-tested.
The Therapeutics division is based in Laval, Canada. The company's primary therapeutic, PBI- 1402, is an orally active compound being developed to treat different types of anemia. PBI-1402 targets anemia caused by chemotherapy and renal diseases by promoting the formation of red blood cells from bone marrow. It has expanded its clinical program for PBI-1402 into the treatment of anemia in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), a condition also referred to as preleukemia and is intended to initiate an additional trial in patients suffering from anemia related to chronic kidney disease.
The company has partnered its proprietary synthetic compound designated as PBI-1308, with Laboratorios Dermatologicos Darier for continued development in the fields of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis. It is also developing other compounds, such as PBI-1393 and PBI-1668 for applications in cancer and autoimmune diseases fields.
In February 2008, the company entered into a license agreement for the development of two hyperimmunes with the plasma fractionator, Kedrion S.p.A. (Kedrion). Kedrion has in-licensed its technologies for the manufacturing of hyperimmune products in Europe.
In March 2008, the company entered into a strategic alliance and license agreement with the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products (WIBP). WIBP gained access to the companys PPPS for the Chinese market.
In September 2008, the company signed strategic agreements with Abraxis for the development and commercialization of four biopharmaceutical products targeting underserved medical conditions.
On January 5, 2009, ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. announced that it has entered into a collaboration agreement with Abraxis BioScience, Inc. to develop and commercialize various applications deriving from ProMetic's prion capture technology platform.
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. was founded in 1992.
1. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. PROMETIC LIFE SCIENCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Major Shareholders
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. History
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Offices and Representations
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2010-2013 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2010-2013 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2010-2013 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?