- The report contains detailed information about Myriad Genetics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Myriad Genetics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Myriad Genetics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Myriad Genetics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Myriad Genetics Inc. business.
About Myriad Genetics Inc.
Myriad Genetics, Inc., a molecular diagnostic company, focuses on the development and marketing of predictive medicine, personalized medicine, and prognostic medicine products.
As of June 30, 2010, the company had launched eight commercial molecular diagnostic products, including four predictive medicine, three personalized medicine, and one prognostic medicine product. It markets these products through its own person sales force in the United States and it has entered into marketing collaborations with other organizations in selected foreign countries.
Molecular Diagnostic Products
The companys molecular diagnostic products are designs to analyze genes and their mutations to assess an individuals risk for developing disease later in life, determine a patients likelihood of responding to a particular drug, assess a patients risk of disease progression and disease recurrence, and measure a patients exposure to drug therapy to ensure optimal dosing and reduced drug toxicity. Its commercial molecular diagnostic products are as follows:
BRACAnalysis: This is a predictive medicine product for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. BRACAnalysis is an analysis of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes for assessing a womans risk of developing hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
COLARIS: This is a predictive medicine product for hereditary colorectal cancer and uterine cancer. COLARIS is an analysis of the MLH1, MSH2, and MSH6 genes for assessing a persons risk of developing colorectal cancer or uterine cancer.
COLARIS AP: This is a predictive medicine product for colon cancer. COLARIS AP detects mutations in the APC and MYH genes, which cause a colon polyp-forming syndrome known as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP). The company owns or has licensed rights to nine U.S. patents covering COLARIS AP.
MELARIS: This is a predictive medicine product for melanoma. MELARIS analyzes mutations in the p16 gene to determine genetic susceptibility to malignant melanoma, a form of skin cancer.
THERAGUIDE 5-FU: This is a personalized medicine product for chemotherapy toxicity. THERAGUIDE 5-FU analyzes mutations in the DPYD gene and variations in the TYMS gene for THERAGUIDE 5-FU have an increased risk of suffering toxicity from 5-FU chemotherapy and should be considered for either a reduced dose of 5-FU or other chemotherapy regimens. 5-FU is prescribed for the treatment of colorectal cancer, metastatic breast cancer, skin cancer, and head and neck cancers.
OnDose: This is a personalized medicine product for colon cancer. OnDose is a nanoparticle immuno assay that assists oncologists in optimizing infusional 5-FU therapy on an individual basis. OnDose provides pharmacokinetic data to the oncologist to guide dose adjustments of 5-FU to ensure the potential cancer is being treated appropriately with reduced side effects and toxicity.
PREZEON: This is a personalized and prognostic medicine product for cancer. PREZEON is an immunohistochemistry test that analyzes the PTEN gene and assesses loss of PTEN function in various cancer types. The PTEN gene plays a role in the disease progression of the four major cancers breast, prostate, colon, and lung cancer. The PTEN gene also plays a critical role in cell signaling pathways that are the target of various cancer drugs, such as EGFR inhibitors and mTOR inhibitors, and PIK3CA inhibitor.
PROLARIS: This is a prognostic medicine product for prostate cancer. PROLARIS is a 46-gene molecular diagnostic assay that quantitatively determines the risk of prostate cancer recurrence in patients who have undergone prostatectomy surgery and assists the physician in assessing whether a mans prostate cancer is aggressive or slow growing. PROLARIS is based on the understanding of cell division and tumor growth and provides rigorous, quantitative measures of the expression levels of multiple genes related to progression of the cell cycle.
The company has entered into separate license agreements with the University of Utah Research Foundation, Endorecherche, Inc., The Hospital for Sick Children, and The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania for rights to utilize certain intellectual property rights of the respective BRAC Licensors, including issued patents that relate to the BRCA2 gene, on a worldwide basis.
The company has also entered into a license agreement with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Inc., Oregon Health Sciences University, University of Vermont, and State Agricultural College and Yale University for the rights to utilize certain intellectual property rights of the Colaris Licensors, including issued patents that relate to the MLH1, MLH2, and PMS1 genes, on a worldwide basis.
The company has entered into a license agreement with Genzyme Corporation (Genzyme) for the rights to utilize certain intellectual property rights of Genzyme, including issued patents that relate to the MSH2 gene, on a worldwide basis.
The company has also entered into separate license agreements with the University of Wales and Human Genome Sciences, Inc. (HGSI) respectively for the rights to certain intellectual property rights of the respective licensors, including issued patents that relate to the MYH gene, on a worldwide basis.
Myriad Genetics, Inc. was founded in 1991.
1. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Myriad Genetics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Myriad Genetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Myriad Genetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Myriad Genetics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Myriad Genetics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MYRIAD GENETICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Myriad Genetics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Myriad Genetics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Myriad Genetics Inc. Major Shareholders
Myriad Genetics Inc. History
Myriad Genetics Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Myriad Genetics Inc. Offices and Representations
Myriad Genetics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Myriad Genetics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Myriad Genetics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Myriad Genetics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Myriad Genetics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Myriad Genetics Inc. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Myriad Genetics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Myriad Genetics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Myriad Genetics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Myriad Genetics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Myriad Genetics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Myriad Genetics Inc. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.