- The report contains detailed information about AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of cancer therapeutics.
The companys primary product candidate, Tivozanib is an oral inhibitor of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptors 1, 2 and 3. The company initiated a phase 3 clinical trial of tivozanib in patients with advanced RCC in December 2009.
The company is also conducting phase 1b clinical trials of tivozanib in various combinations and dosing regimens in advanced RCC and additional solid tumor indications, including breast cancer, colorectal cancer and lung cancer. In addition to tivozanib, the company has a pipeline of monoclonal antibodies derived from its Human Response Platform, a method of building preclinical models of human cancer, which are intended to represent cancer biology in patients.
The company has a license agreement with Kyowa Hakko Kirin under which it obtained a license to research, develop, manufacture and commercialize tivozanib, pharmaceutical compositions thereof and associated biomarkers. Its license covers all territories in the world, except for Asia. Kyowa Hakko Kirin has retained rights to tivozanib in Asia, including the Peoples Republic of China, India, and Japan.
The companys product candidate derived from its Human Response Platform, AV-299, is expected to enter phase 2 clinical trials for multiple cancer types, including a phase 2 clinical trial for non-small cell lung cancer.
In 2008, the company commenced a phase 1 clinical trial of AV-299 in patients with various solid tumors to establish the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, maximum tolerated dose and the recommended phase 2 clinical trial dose of AV-299 as monotherapy.
The company is also conducting a phase 1 clinical trial in cancer patients with liver metastases to evaluate the activity of AV-299 in HGF pathway activation in metatastic tumors. Additionally, a phase 1 clinical trial is also being initiated to evaluate the ability of AV-299 to cross the blood brain barrier in patients suffering from primary brain cancer.
The company has an agreement with Merck, through its subsidiary Schering Corporation, acting through its Schering-Plough Research Institute division, under which it granted Merck worldwide, rights to develop and commercialize all of its monoclonal antibody antagonists of hepatocyte growth factor, or HGF, including AV-299, for therapeutic and prophylactic use in humans and for veterinary use. It also granted Merck a worldwide license to related biomarkers for diagnostic use.
AV-203: Anti-ErbB3 Antibody Program
The companys AV-203 program is focused on identifying inhibitors of ErbB3 and is in preclinical development. The company granted Biogen Idec an option to co-develop and commercialize its ErbB3-targeted antibodies for the potential treatment and diagnosis of cancer and other diseases outside of the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
In March 2009, the company entered into an option and license agreement with Biogen Idec International GmbH, a subsidiary of Biogen Idec Inc., which are collectively referred to herein as Biogen Idec, regarding the development and commercialization of its discovery-stage ErbB3-targeted antibodies for the potential treatment and diagnosis of cancer and other diseases outside of the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Other Antibody Pipeline Programs
In addition to the HGF/c-Met pathway and ErbB3, the company utilized its Human Response Platform to identify various other targets that appear to be potent drivers of tumor growth.
The company has collaboration with Merck, a license and research collaboration agreement relating to the use of its Human Response Platform. Under the terms of the agreement, Merck obtained rights to all inventions and discoveries developed in the conduct of the collaborative research program that relate to Mercks proprietary cancer compounds, including gene expression patterns that correlate with a response to Mercks compounds.
The company has a collaboration and license agreement with OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc., or OSI, which provides for the use of its proprietary in vivo models by its scientists at its facilities, use of its bioinformatics tools and other target validation and biomarker research to develop and OSIs small molecule drug discovery and translational research related to cancer and other diseases.
Tivozanib: The company competes with Roche Laboratories, Inc. (Roche), Bayer HealthCare AG (Bayer), Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pfizer Inc. (Pfizer), GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK), Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Amgen Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, AstraZeneca plc, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Exelixis Inc., ImClone LLC, Onco Therapy Science Inc., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Sanofi-Aventis US LLC.
AV-299: The company competes with Amgen, Takeda, Roche, ArQule, Inc./Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., MethylGene, Inc., Exelixis, GSK, Pfizer, Exelixis, and BMS.
AV-203 Program: The company competes with Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Sanofi-Aventis, Daiichi Sankyo, Amgen, PharmaMar, and Merrimack.
The company was founded in 2001. It was formerly known as GenPath Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and changed its name to AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in 2005.
1. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. AVEO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2010-2013 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2010-2013 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2010-2013 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?