- The report contains detailed information about Yara International ASA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Yara International ASA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Yara International ASA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Yara International ASA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Yara International ASA business.
About Yara International ASA
Yara International ASA, a chemical company, engages in the production, distribution, and sale of nitrogen chemicals worldwide. The company converts energy, natural minerals and nitrogen from the air into essential products for farmers and industrial customers. It supplies mineral fertilizers and agronomic solutions. It produces ammonia, nitrates, NPK, specialty fertilizers and nitrogen applications.
The company operates in three segments: Downstream; Upstream; and Industrial.
The Downstream Segment consists of the companys worldwide marketing organization and global distribution network for fertilizer products and agronomic solutions. With a global network of sales offices, terminals and warehouses, Downstream is present in approximately 50 countries and sells to approximately 120 countries. The segment also includes smaller production facilities upgrading intermediate products to finished fertilizers, which are primarily marketed in the regions where production takes place. The segment offers differentiated fertilizer products and services, covering both commodity and high-value crop segments. The segment offers standard nitrogen products to crop nutrition solutions.
The Industrial Segment develops and sells chemical products and industrial gases to non-fertilizer market segments. Industrial offers nitrogen chemicals, including ammonia derived products, as well as industrial explosives and environmental applications. Sales of nitrogen chemicals to the European process industry and the global industrial explosives industry constitute the segments main markets, while sales of chemicals for environmental applications is the main growth segment. The segment offers nitrogen products to the chemical and civil explosives industries; and industrial gases and CO2 for the food and beverage industries.
The Upstream Segment comprises ammonia and urea production in different parts of the world, phosphate mining, the global trade and shipping of ammonia, as well as nitrate and NPK fertilizer production co-located with ammonia production and is serving both the domestic and international markets. It also produces phosphoric acid and feed phosphates. The Upstream segment includes its major equity accounted investees (Qatar Fertiliser Company, Tringen, GrowHow UK Limited, Burrup Holdings Pty Ltd. and Rossosh).
The company has 25 % ownership stake in Qatar Fertiliser Company (S.A.Q.), (Qafco), which owns and operates a fertilizer complex. Qafco operates 4 ammonia plants and 4 urea plants. QAFCO has ownership interests in Gulf Formaldehyde Company (70 percent), which produces and sells Urea Formaldehyde Concentrate, mainly used in the urea production process, and in Qatar Melamine Company (60 percent) having under construction at the Qafco site a melamine plant with a capacity of 60,000 tonnes per year.
The company has a 49 % ownership stake in Tringen, which owns and operates an Ammonia complex. Tringen operates two separate plants for production of Ammonia.
The company has a 50 % ownership in Carbonor S.p.A, which manages two ships on time charter contracts with Yara in 2008.
The company has a 50/50 joint venture agreement with NutriSi and formed NU3, which owns and operates two specialty fertilizers production facilities, one in the Netherlands and one in Belgium.
Synagri LP provides product and services to the retail agricultural sector. The company has a 50 % ownership in Synagri. The joint venture sells in the Canadian provinces of Eastern Ontario and Quebec.
The company owns 30 percent of OAO Minudobrenyia (Yaibera), a Russian nitrogen fertilizer producer based in Rossosh in the Voronesh region.
The company owns 50 percent of Geneva-based Balderton Fertilizers SA (Balderton). Balderton is a fertilizer and ammonia trading company in Europe.
The company has a 50 percent interest in GrowHow UK Limited a joint venture company with Terra Industries Inc., which manufactures ammonium nitrate and compound fertilisers, and supplies for process chemicals and utilities.
The company has a 50 percent interest in Yara Praxair Holding AS a joint venture company with Praxair, Inc. Yara Praxair is an industrial gases company in Scandinavia. The company supplies atmospheric, process and speciality gases to various industries: Food and beverages, healthcare, fish farming, chemicals, refining, primary metals and metal fabrication as well as other areas of general industry. The joint venture comprises the companys previous industrial gases business located in Norway, Denmark and Sweden.
In May 2008, the company purchased 25 percent of Agrico Canada Ltd, a supplier of fertilizer products and services in Canada and the U.S.A. Agrico Canada owns 5 storage terminals, including one deep-water facility, and leases a further 5 terminals for a total storage capacity of 235,000 tons.
In October 2008, the company acquired the Canadian nitrogen producer Saskferco.
In April, the company sold the Koping supply activities to Brenntag Nordic AB and the Tertre supply activities to Brenntag NV. It also sold 50% share in China BlueChemical Ltd; and its indirect holding in Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile, S.A.
1. YARA INTERNATIONAL ASA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YARA INTERNATIONAL ASA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YARA INTERNATIONAL ASA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YARA INTERNATIONAL ASA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YARA INTERNATIONAL ASA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Yara International ASA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Yara International ASA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Yara International ASA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Yara International ASA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Yara International ASA Industry Position Analysis
6. YARA INTERNATIONAL ASA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YARA INTERNATIONAL ASA EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Yara International ASA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Yara International ASA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Yara International ASA Major Shareholders
Yara International ASA History
Yara International ASA Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Yara International ASA Offices and Representations
Yara International ASA SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yara International ASA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Yara International ASA Capital Market Snapshot
Yara International ASA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Yara International ASA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Yara International ASA Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Yara International ASA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Yara International ASA 1-year Stock Charts
Yara International ASA 5-year Stock Charts
Yara International ASA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Yara International ASA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Yara International ASA Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.