- The report contains detailed information about The Dow Chemical Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Dow Chemical Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Dow Chemical Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Dow Chemical Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Dow Chemical Company business.
About The Dow Chemical Company
The Dow Chemical Company, a diversified chemical company, engages in the manufacture and sale of chemicals, plastic materials, agricultural and other specialized products and services.
The companys segments include Electronic and Specialty Materials; Coatings and Infrastructure; Health and Agricultural Sciences; Performance Systems; Performance Products; Basic Plastics; Basic Chemicals; and Hydrocarbons And Energy.
ELECTRONIC AND SPECIALTY MATERIALS
Electronic Materials is a supplier of materials for chemical mechanical planarization; materials used in the production of electronic displays; products and technologies that drive edge semiconductor design; materials used in the fabrication of printed circuit boards; and integrated metallization processes critical for interconnection, corrosion resistance, metal finishing and decorative applications. These enabling materials are found in applications, such as consumer electronics, flat panel displays, and telecommunications.
Products: The companys products include ACuPLANE CMP slurries; AR antireflective coatings; AUROLECTROLESS immersion gold process; COPPER GLEAM acid copper plating products; DURAPOSIT electroless nickel process; ENLIGHT products for photovoltaic manufacturers; EPIC immersion photoresists; INTERVIA photodielectrics for advanced packaging; LITHOJET digital imaging processes; OPTOGRADE metalorganic precursors; and VISIONPAD CMP pads.
Specialty Materials is a portfolio of businesses characterized by a global footprint, a range of chemistries, multi-functional ingredients and technology capabilities, combined with key positions in the pharmaceuticals, food, home and personal care, water and energy production, and industrial specialty industries. Specialty Materials consists of five global businesses, including Dow Water and Process Solutions, Dow Home and Personal Care, Dow Microbial Control, Dow Wolff Cellulosics, and Performance Materials.
Products and Services: The companys products and services include Acrolein derivatives; ACUDYNE hair fixatives; ACULYN rheology modifiers; ACUMER scale inhibitors and dispersants; AMBERLITE ion exchange resins; AUTOMATE liquid dyes; Basic nitroparaffins and nitroparaffin-based specialty chemicals; BOROL bleaching solution; CANGUARD BIT preservatives; CELLOSIZE hydroxyethyl cellulose; Chiral compounds and biocatalysts; CLEAR+STABLE carboxymethyl cellulose; CORRGUARD amino alcohol; CYCLOTENE advanced electronics resins; DOW electrodeionization; DOW latex powders; DOW ultrafiltration; DOWEX ion exchange resins; DOWICIDE antimicrobial bactericides and fungicides; DURAPLUS floor care polymers; ECOSURF biodegradable surfactants; EVOCAR vinyl acetate ethylene; FILMTEC elements; FORTEFIBER soluble dietary fiber; FOUNDATIONS latex; Hydrocarbon resins; Industrial biocides; METHOCEL cellulose ethers; MORTRACE marking technologies; NEOCAR branched vinyl ester latexes; OPULYN opacifiers; POLYOX water-soluble resins; PRIMENE amines; Quaternaries; Reverse osmosis, electrodeionization and ultrafiltration modules; SATINFX delivery system; SATISFIT Weight Care Technology; SILK semiconductor dielectric resins; SOLTERRA Boost ultraviolet protection-boosting polymers; SOLTEX waterproofing polymer; SUNSPHERES SPF boosters; UCAR all-acrylic, styrene-acrylic and vinyl-acrylic latexes; UCAR POLYPHOBE rheology modifiers; UCARE polymers; UCARHIDE opacifier; WALOCEL cellulose polymers; and WALSRODER nitrocellulose.
The Electronic and Specialty Materials segment also includes the companys share of the results of Dow Corning Corporation.
COATINGS AND INFRASTRUCTURE
This segment offers adhesives and functional polymers and dow coating materials.
Adhesives and Functional Polymers is a portfolio of businesses that primarily manufacture sticking and bonding solutions for a range of applications, including adhesive tapes and paper labels, packaging and leather, textile and imaging.
Products: The companys products include ADCOTE and AQUA-LAM laminating adhesives; MOR-FREE solventless adhesives; ROBOND acrylic adhesives; SERFENE barrier coatings; Solvent-based polyurethanes and polyesters; and TYMOR tie resins.
1. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Dow Chemical Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Dow Chemical Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Dow Chemical Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Dow Chemical Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Dow Chemical Company Industry Position Analysis
6. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Dow Chemical Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Dow Chemical Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Dow Chemical Company Major Shareholders
The Dow Chemical Company History
The Dow Chemical Company Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
The Dow Chemical Company Offices and Representations
The Dow Chemical Company SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Dow Chemical Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Dow Chemical Company Capital Market Snapshot
The Dow Chemical Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
The Dow Chemical Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Dow Chemical Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
The Dow Chemical Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Dow Chemical Company 1-year Stock Charts
The Dow Chemical Company 5-year Stock Charts
The Dow Chemical Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Dow Chemical Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Dow Chemical Company Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations;
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?