- The report contains detailed information about Deutsche Lufthansa AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Deutsche Lufthansa AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Deutsche Lufthansa AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Deutsche Lufthansa AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Deutsche Lufthansa AG business.
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Deutsche Lufthansa AG provides aviation services. The company operates in five segments: Passenger Transportation, Logistics, MRO, Catering, and IT Services.
Passenger Transportation Segment
Passenger transportation is the core business of the Lufthansa Group. This segment includes Lufthansa Passenger Airlines, SWISS and Germanwings, as well as the equity investments in British Midland (bmi), JetBlue and SunExpress.
Competition: The companys competitors include American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Air France-KLM and British Airways, as well as Air Berlin.
Lufthansa Cargo AG, a wholly-owned Lufthansa subsidiary, handles and transports airfreight. Lufthansa Cargos field of activity extends across all three airfreight product segments: the standard segment with the td.Pro product, the express segment with td.Flash and the special segment with four competence centres for the transport of temperature-sensitive products, live animals, airmail and particularly valuable goods. In addition, Lufthansa Cargo offers ancillary logistics services which provide a sensible supplement to the core business of airfreight.
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Services (MRO)
Lufthansa Technik is a provider of MRO for civil aircraft. The group is divided into six product divisions: Maintenance, Overhaul, Engines, Components, Landing Gear and VIP and Executive Jet Solutions. The MRO group includes 32 technical maintenance operators worldwide. The company also holds direct and indirect stakes in 56 companies. From December 2008, the company is operating under the name Lufthansa Technik Qantas Engineering. In Bulgaria, Lufthansa Technik AG set up a new aircraft overhaul company. The maintenance company Lufthansa Technik Sofia is a joint venture between Lufthansa Technik and Bulgarian Aviation Group.
Customers: Lufthansa Technik has approximately 660 customers worldwide. In addition to airlines and operators of VIP jets, aircraft leasing companies are included.
Competition: The company competes with Air France-KLM and independent MRO contractors such as ST AERO.
IT Services Business Segment
Lufthansa Systems is provides IT services for the airline and aviation industry. Its portfolio ranges from development of customized IT solutions to operation of computer centers. The company also offers its IT infrastructure services to other industries aside from the airline business. It has offices in Germany as well as others in 16 countries. It provides its services through five divisions: Airline Management Solutions, Passenger Airline Solutions, Airline Operations Solutions, Industry Solutions and Infrastructure Services.
Customers: The customer base at Lufthansa Systems includes approximately 200 airlines worldwide. The company offers a range of IT solutions covering all business processes.
Competition: The companys competitors in the airline IT market are Sabre Airline Solutions, EDS, SITA and Boeing with its subsidiaries Jeppsen and Carmen Systems.
This segment serves as an airline caterer and provider of integrated in-flight solutions. The parent company in the catering business is LSG Service Holding AG, wholly-owned by Lufthansa AG. LSG Service Holding has stakes in around 124 companies worldwide and operates under the LSG Sky Chefs brand.
Service and Financial Companies
The Service and Financial Companies business segment is made up of financial and services companies which provide support for the operations of the Lufthansa Group. It includes Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH (AirPlus), Lufthansa Flight Training GmbH and Lufthansa Commercial Holding, where Lufthansas financial equity investments are held. In 2008, Lufthansa sold its equity investment in the ground handling company GlobeGround Berlin GmbH, held indirectly by Lufthansa Commercial Holding, to the WISAG Group, Frankfurt/Main. Lufthansa Flight Training GmbH provides training services for airlines. AirPlus provides business travel management solutions. The company focuses on the payment and evaluation of business travel. AirPlus also has offices and subsidiaries in approximately
1. DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Deutsche Lufthansa AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Deutsche Lufthansa AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Deutsche Lufthansa AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Deutsche Lufthansa AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Airlines Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Deutsche Lufthansa AG Industry Position Analysis
6. DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Major Shareholders
Deutsche Lufthansa AG History
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Offices and Representations
Deutsche Lufthansa AG SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Capital Market Snapshot
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Airlines Industry Statistics
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Deutsche Lufthansa AG 1-year Stock Charts
Deutsche Lufthansa AG 5-year Stock Charts
Deutsche Lufthansa AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Deutsche Lufthansa AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Deutsche Lufthansa AG Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.