- The report contains detailed information about Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Providence & Worcester Railroad Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. business.
- * - The report may be supplemented by PESTEL analysis, an ideal tool that helps to uncover external factors influencing the business.
About Providence & Worcester Railroad Co.
Providence and Worcester Railroad Company operates as an interstate freight carrier with railroad operations in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
The company has the right to conduct freight operations over Amtrak's Northeast Corridor between New Haven, Connecticut and the Massachusetts/Rhode Island border. It also operates the international double-stack intermodal terminal facility in New England in Worcester, Massachusetts.
The company transports various commodities, including automobiles, construction aggregates, iron and steel products, chemicals, lumber, scrap metals, plastic resins, cement, coal, construction and demolition debris, and processed foods and edible foodstuffs, such as corn syrup and vegetable oils to its customers. In 2009, the company transported 27,632 carloads of freight and 10,465 intermodal containers.
The company's rail freight system comprises approximately 516 miles of track. It interchanges freight traffic with CSX Transportation at Worcester, Massachusetts and at New Haven, Connecticut; with Pan Am Railways (formerly Springfield Terminal Railway Company) at Worcester, Massachusetts; with Pan Am Southern at Gardner, Massachusetts; with NEC at New London and Willimantic, Connecticut; with CN and CP via the NEC; and with New York and Atlantic Railroad at Fresh Pond Junction on Long Island. Through its connections, the company links approximately 80 communities on its lines. It operates four classification yards (areas containing tracks used to group freight cars destined for a particular industry or interchange) located in Worcester, Massachusetts, Cumberland, Rhode Island and Plainfield and New Haven, Connecticut.
The company, by an agreement with a private operator, services an approved customs intermodal yard in Worcester. A customs intermodal yard is an area containing tracks used for the loading and unloading of containers. The intermodal yard serves primarily as a terminal for movement of container traffic from the Far East, southeast Asia, and Europe destined for points in New England. Container ship lines utilize double-stack train service through this terminal. The company and Canadian National Railway have entered into an Intermodal Haulage Agreement with respect to international intermodal containers to and from Canadian ports.
The company major customers include Global Industries, Inc.; GDF SUEZ Energy North America; Lehigh Cement; Cargill, Inc.; The Dow Chemical Company; Exxon Mobil Corporation; Frito-Lay, Inc.; International Paper Company; Northeast Utilities; Nucor Steel; Renewable Products Marketing Group; and Tilcon Connecticut, Inc.
The companys major competitors include CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern Corp.
Providence and Worcester Railroad Company was founded in 1969.
1. PROVIDENCE & WORCESTER RAILROAD CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROVIDENCE & WORCESTER RAILROAD CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROVIDENCE & WORCESTER RAILROAD CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROVIDENCE & WORCESTER RAILROAD CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROVIDENCE & WORCESTER RAILROAD CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. PROVIDENCE & WORCESTER RAILROAD CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROVIDENCE & WORCESTER RAILROAD CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROVIDENCE & WORCESTER RAILROAD CO. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
8.1. Political Factors
8.2. Economic Factors
8.3. Social Factors
8.4. Technological Factors
8.5. Environmental Factors
8.6. Legal Factors
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Major Shareholders
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. History
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Offices and Representations
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – This section is available when purchasing a report with PESTEL analysis only.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyse what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimising the threats to the organisation.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organisation, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations;
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organisation?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
- Environmental – What environmental ecological and facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?