- The report contains detailed information about Wabash National Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Wabash National Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Wabash National Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Wabash National Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Wabash National Corp. business.
About Wabash National Corp.
Wabash National Corporation engages in designing, manufacturing, and marketing standard and customized truck trailers and related transportation equipment.
The company markets its transportation equipment under the Wabash, DuraPlate, DuraPlateHD, FreightPro, ArcticLite, RoadRailer, Transcraft, Eagle, Eagle II, D-Eagle and Benson trademarks directly to customers, through independent dealers and through its company-owned retail branch network.
The companys transportation equipment and DuraPlate products primarily include the following:
DuraPlate Trailers: DuraPlate trailers utilize a proprietary technology that consists of a composite plate wall. The companys DuraPlate trailers include its DuraPlateHD, a heavy duty version of its regular DuraPlate trailers.
Smooth Aluminum Trailers: Smooth aluminum trailers, commonly known as sheet and post trailers, are the commodity trailer product purchased by the trucking industry.
Platform Trailers: Platform trailers are sold under Transcraft, Eagle and Benson trademarks. Platform trailers consist of a trailer chassis with a flat or drop loading deck without permanent sides or a roof. These trailers are primarily utilized to haul steel coils, construction materials and large equipment.
Refrigerated Trailers: Refrigerated trailers have insulating foam in the walls, roof and floor, which improves both the insulation capabilities and durability of the trailers.
RoadRailer Equipment: The RoadRailer intermodal system is a patented bimodal technology consisting of a truck trailer and a detachable rail bogie that permits a trailer to run both over the highway and directly on railroad lines.
Dump Equipment: The company offers aluminum and steel dump equipment under the name of Benson. This dump equipment is primarily used in the coal industry.
DuraPlate Products: The DuraPlate Products Group was initiated in 2008 to expand the use of DuraPlate composite panels, including the building and servicing all of PODS portable storage container requirements with its new DuraPlate container.
The companys retail and distribution segment offers products in three general categories: new trailers, used trailers and parts and service. The following is a description of each product category:
The company sells new trailers produced by the manufacturing segment. Additionally, the company sells specialty trailers produced by third parties that are purchased in smaller quantities for local or regional transportation needs.
The company provides replacement parts and accessories and maintenance service for trailers and other related equipment.
The company sells used trailers including units taken in trade from its customers upon the sale of new trailers. The ability to remarket used trailers promotes new trailer sales by permitting trade-in allowances and offering customers an outlet for the disposal of used equipment.
The companys customer base includes truckload common carriers, leasing companies, private fleet carriers, less-than-truckload (LTL) common carriers, and package carriers.
Truckload Carriers: The companys customers include Averitt Express, Inc.; Crete Carrier Corporation; Heartland Express, Inc.; Knight Transportation, Inc.; Schneider National, Inc.; Swift Transportation Corporation; the U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc.; and Werner Enterprises, Inc.
Leasing Companies: The companys customers are GE Trailer Fleet Services; and Xtra Lease, Inc.
Private Fleets: The companys customers include C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.; Dillards, Inc.; and Safeway, Inc.
Less-Than-Truckload Carriers: The company serves FedEx Corporation; Old Dominion Freight Lines, Inc.; SAIA Motor Freightlines, Inc.; Vitran Express, Inc.; and YRC Worldwide, Inc.
The company competes with Great Dane, Utility, Hyundai Translead, and Stoughton.
Wabash National Corporation was founded in 1985.
1. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Wabash National Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Wabash National Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Wabash National Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Wabash National Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Wabash National Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. WABASH NATIONAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Wabash National Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Wabash National Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Wabash National Corp. Major Shareholders
Wabash National Corp. History
Wabash National Corp. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Wabash National Corp. Offices and Representations
Wabash National Corp. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2010-2013 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2010-2013 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2010-2013 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Wabash National Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Wabash National Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Wabash National Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Wabash National Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Wabash National Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Wabash National Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Wabash National Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Wabash National Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Wabash National Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Wabash National Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Wabash National Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?