- The report contains detailed information about Pioneer Drilling Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pioneer Drilling Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pioneer Drilling Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pioneer Drilling Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pioneer Drilling Co. business.
About Pioneer Drilling Co.
Pioneer Drilling Company provides contract land drilling services and production services to independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in the United States and Colombia.
The company conducts its operations through two segments, Drilling Services Division and Production Services Division
Drilling Services Division
The Drilling Services Division provides contract land drilling services with its fleet of 71 drilling rigs in the following locations: South Texas; East Texas; North Dakota; North Texas; Utah; Oklahoma; Appalachia; and Colombia. As of February 5, 2010, 34 drilling rigs were operating under drilling contracts. The company has 31 drilling rigs that are idle and six drilling rigs have been placed in storage or cold stacked in its Oklahoma drilling division. The company is actively marketing its idle drilling rigs both domestically and internationally in Latin America. It has established its Appalachian drilling division and has four drilling rigs operating in the Marcellus Shale region. It has seven drilling rigs located in Colombia that are operating under drilling contracts. As of February 5, 2010, the company owned a fleet of 78 trucks and related transportation equipment that it uses to transport its drilling rigs to and from drilling sites.
Production Services Division
The Production Services Division provides a range of well services to oil and gas drilling and producing companies, including workover services, wireline services, and fishing and rental services. Its production services operations are concentrated in the major United States onshore oil and gas producing regions in the Gulf Coast, Mid-Continent, Rocky Mountain, and Appalachian states. It provides its services to a group of oil and gas companies. The primary production services it offers are the following:
Well Services: The company uses its fleet of 74 workover rigs in eight regional locations to provide services, such as maintenance of existing wells, workover of existing wells, completion of newly-drilled wells, and plugging and abandonment of wells at the end of their useful lives. The company has a workover rig fleet consisting of sixty-nine 550 horsepower rigs, four 600 horsepower rigs, and one 400 horsepower rig. The average age of its workover rig fleet is 2.4 years as of December 31, 2009. As of February 5, 2010, 68 workover rigs had crews assigned and were either operating or were being actively marketed. The remaining six workover rigs in its fleet are idle with no crews assigned.
Wireline Services: The company uses its fleet of 65 truck mounted wireline units in 19 division locations to provide logging and perforating services. It provides both open and cased-hole logging services, including the latest pulsed-neutron technology. In addition, the company provides services which allow oil and gas companies to evaluate the integrity of wellbore casing, recover pipe, or install bridge plugs. Wireline services typically utilize a single truck equipped with a spool of wireline that is used to lower and raise a variety of specialized tools in and out of the wellbore. These tools can be used to measure pressures and temperatures, as well as the condition of the casing and the cement that holds the casing in place. Other applications for wireline tools include placing equipment in or retrieving equipment from the wellbore, or perforating the casing and cutting off pipe that is stuck in the well so that the free section can be recovered. The companys wireline unit fleet has an average age of 4.3 years as of December 31, 2009. It provides these services in Texas, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Montana, North Dakota, Louisiana, and certain Appalachian states.
Fishing and Rental Services: The companys rental and fishing tool business provides a range of specialized services and equipment that are utilized on a non-routine basis for both drilling and well servicing operations. The primary rental tools that it offers include air drilling equipment, foam units, power swivels, and blowout preventers.
The company's major customers include Ecopetrol; Anadarko Petroleum Corporation; and Cabot Oil and Gas Corporation.
Drilling Services Division: The companys principal competitors are Helmerich & Payne, Inc.; Precision Drilling Trust; Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.; and Nabors Industries, Ltd.
Production Services Division: The company competes with well service providers, such as Key Energy Services; Basic Energy Services; Nabors Industries; Complete Production Services; and CC Forbes. It competes with Schlumberger Ltd.; Halliburton Company; Weatherford International; Baker Atlas; Superior Energy Services; Basic Energy Services; and Key Energy Services in the wireline market. Its competitors in the fishing and rental tools market include Baker Oil Tools; Weatherford International; Basic Energy Services; Key Energy Services; Quail Tools (owned by Parker Drilling); and Knight Oil Tools.
Pioneer Drilling Company was founded in 1968.
1. PIONEER DRILLING CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PIONEER DRILLING CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PIONEER DRILLING CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PIONEER DRILLING CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PIONEER DRILLING CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pioneer Drilling Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pioneer Drilling Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pioneer Drilling Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pioneer Drilling Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pioneer Drilling Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. PIONEER DRILLING CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PIONEER DRILLING CO. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pioneer Drilling Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pioneer Drilling Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Pioneer Drilling Co. Major Shareholders
Pioneer Drilling Co. History
Pioneer Drilling Co. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Pioneer Drilling Co. Offices and Representations
Pioneer Drilling Co. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pioneer Drilling Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pioneer Drilling Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Pioneer Drilling Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Pioneer Drilling Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pioneer Drilling Co. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Pioneer Drilling Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pioneer Drilling Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Pioneer Drilling Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Pioneer Drilling Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pioneer Drilling Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pioneer Drilling Co. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.