- The report contains detailed information about Horizon Oil Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Horizon Oil Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Horizon Oil Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Horizon Oil Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Horizon Oil Ltd. business.
About Horizon Oil Ltd.
Horizon Oil Limited (the Company) is engaged in petroleum exploration, development, and production in New Zealand, China, Papua New Guinea, the United States, and Tunisia.
PEP 38413, Maari Field, Offshore Taranaki Basin: Horizon Oil acquired a 10% interest in PEP 38413, offshore New Zealand, immediately prior to the drilling of the Maari-2 appraisal well. The Maari-2 well was drilled in January 2003 and successfully appraised the central part of the field and has led to commencement of the field development planning process.
Block 22/12, Beibu Gulf, Offshore Peoples Republic of China
The Nanhai IV jack-up rig was towed to the Wei 12-7-1 location on Block 22/12, jacked up in approximately 30 m of water and subsequently readied for drilling operations. The well was spudded on Tuesday evening, 13 April and the current operation is setting 20 inch surface casing.
The Wei 12-7-1 exploration well is the first of a two firm plus three contingent well drilling programme planned on Block 22/12. The second well will be the Wei 12-8-3 appraisal well on the 12-8 East (12-8-2) field.
The 22/12 Block is located in the Beibu Gulf, offshore south China. The joint venture comprises:- Horizon Oil Limited (HZN); Roc Oil (China) Company (ROC); Petsec Petroleum Incorporated (PSA); and Oil Australia Pty Limited (FAR).
Wei 12-7-1 exploration well - PTD 1,683 m
The Wei 12-7 prospect is on trend with the 12-3 discovery (see map) and at the same stratigraphic level. The prospect displays seismic amplitude and other seismic attributes of a character that may be indicative of hydrocarbons.
RISC Pty Ltd, an independent consultant retained by Horizon Oil to evaluate Block 22/12, has calculated mean potential recoverable reserves of 43 mmbo in the target Weizhou sands.
Wei 12-8-3 appraisal well PTD 1,341 m
The 12-8 East (12-8-2) field was discovered by CNOOC in 1994. The well encountered an 8 m oil column in the Miocene Jiaowei sands at a depth of 930 m. A production test flowed 2,355 bopd of 21 degree API oil.
The primary objectives of the Wei 12-8-3 well, which will be located approximately 1 km north of the Wei 12-8-2 discovery well, are to confirm structural configuration of the reservoir and to accurately determine oil properties, particularly viscosity, in order to optimise well planning for a potential field development. On the basis of expected viscosity and other parameters, RISC estimates technically recoverable reserves for the 12-8 East field of 27 mmbo. A secondary objective is to test a deeper target near basement level, which displays a seismic amplitude anomaly.
Papua New Guinea
PPL 206, Bosavi Prospect, Papuan Basin Foreland
In early 2003, Horizon Oil announced that it had farmed out a 28% interest in PPL 206 in exchange for a 20% interest in PPL 227 and a carry of US$300,000 in the next well to be drilled in that permit, Kapul-1.
The Bosavi-1 well spudded on 21 January 2003 and was drilled to a TD of 1,501 m, having penetrated the primary Toro Formation reservoir and the secondary Hedinia and Iagifu Formation reservoirs. However, TD was called some 700 m short of the originally proposed TD of 2,200 m due to problems encountered with lost circulation in the reservoir sections and differential pressure causing a formation tester tool to become stuck.
The primary Toro reservoir was encountered some 80-m deep to prognosis but still sufficiently high to the nearby Kanau-1 well to confirm closure. The reservoir quality was excellent but no shows were encountered and wireline tester and logs confirmed water. No shows were encountered in either the Hedinia and Iagifu secondary reservoirs and pressure data confirms they were on the same hydrostatic gradient as the Toro. The well was plugged and abandoned as a dry hole.
PPL 227 Kapul Prospect, Papuan Basin Foreland
Horizon Oil obtained a 20% interest in the PPL 227 permit containing the Kapul prospect, due to be drilled in late 2003 or early 2004, as a component of the Bosavi farmout to Oil Search Limited (Oil Search). Planning for the drilling of the Kapul-1 well is underway. Oil Search, as operator, has called for tenders for well site preparation and drilling services.
Bayou Choctaw Field, Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Efforts to farm-out part of the Companys interest in the Bayou Choctaw project are continuing. The focus has been on attracting a Gulf Coast-based partner to exploit the undeveloped reserves around the dome plus the deep potential and exploration prospects to the northwest of the dome.
Fejaj Permit, Ghafsa Trough
Drilling of the re-entry well Chott Fejaj-3A/RE commenced at a depth of 3,556 m on 26 December 2002 and TD at 4,637 m was reached on 20 February 2003. The rig was released on 24 February after plugging and abandonment operations. The well objective of penetrating the full Triassic section was achieved. No significant oil or gas shows were encountered in the well despite good indications of a mature source rock.
1. HORIZON OIL LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HORIZON OIL LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HORIZON OIL LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HORIZON OIL LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HORIZON OIL LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Horizon Oil Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Horizon Oil Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Horizon Oil Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Horizon Oil Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Horizon Oil Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. HORIZON OIL LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HORIZON OIL LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HORIZON OIL LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HORIZON OIL LTD. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HORIZON OIL LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. HORIZON OIL LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Horizon Oil Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Horizon Oil Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Horizon Oil Ltd. Major Shareholders
Horizon Oil Ltd. History
Horizon Oil Ltd. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Horizon Oil Ltd. Offices and Representations
Horizon Oil Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Horizon Oil Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Horizon Oil Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Horizon Oil Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Horizon Oil Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Horizon Oil Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Horizon Oil Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Horizon Oil Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Horizon Oil Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Horizon Oil Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Horizon Oil Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Horizon Oil Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?