The baby food market is getting a big boost from the increasing awareness about the role it plays in meeting the nutritional needs of infants and toddlers. The major challenges for the baby food industry are low birth rates, static market conditions in developed countries, and milk intolerance in babies. However, opportunities for the baby food market is immense, as there is large untapped market in developing economies and as evolving food technology and new product developments are expected to attract more customers in future.
The global baby food market is expected to be worth US$37.6 billion by 2014, growing at an estimated CAGR of 5.0% from 2009 to 2014. Bottled baby food forms the largest market segment; and is expected to reach US$9.9 billion by 2014 at a CAGR of 4.9% for the same period.
The markets for baby cereals and frozen baby foods are estimated to record revenues of US$9.9 billion and US$ 7.8 billion respectively in 2014 on account of the increasing awareness about baby food products, especially in Asia. The markets for baby soups and snacks – estimated to be US$ 3.9 billion and US$5.9 billion in 2014 – present good opportunities as these markets currently have only a limited number of products.
North America is the largest baby food market; and is expected to be worth US$14.17 billion by 2014, accounting for nearly 37% of the total revenues. Europe is the second largest segment and is expected to reach US$10.8 billion by 2014 at a CAGR of 4.4%. The Asian baby food market is expected to grow with the highest CAGR of 8.6% from 2009 to 2014.
Scope of the Report
This report aims to identify and analyze baby food products according to types, target age group, health benefits, and product ingredients. The report provides in-depth market estimates and forecasts for global baby food market as follows:
• Baby food – products
Baby cereals, bottled baby food, frozen baby food, baby snacks and soups
• Baby food – age group
Newborn (zero to six months), infant (six to twelve months), toddler (one to two years), pre-schooler (two to three years)
• Baby food – health benefits
Brain and eye development, muscular growth, bones and teeth development, blood enhancement, development of the immune system, nervous system, vascular system, etc.
• Baby food – ingredients
Cereals, milk p
Each section will provide market data, market drivers, trends and opportunities, top-selling products, key players, and competitive outlook. This report will also provide more than 100 market tables for various geographic regions covering the sub-segments and micro-markets. In addition, the report also provides 32 company profiles for each of its sub-segments.
What makes our reports unique?
• We provide the longest market segmentation chain in this industry- not many reports provide market breakdown upto level 5.
• Each report is about 250 pages with 100+ market data tables, 40 competitive company profiles, analysis of 300 patents and minimum 50 micro markets, which are collectively exhaustive and mutually exclusive.
• No single report by any other publisher provides market data for all the segments viz products, services, applications, ingredients, technology, and stakeholders in a single report for all the four geographies - US, Europe, APAC, ROW.
• We provide 10% customization- normally it is seen that clients do not find specific market intelligence that they are looking for. Our customization will ensure that you necessarily get the market intelligence you are looking for and we get a loyal customer.
• 15 pages of high level analysis including benchmarking strategies, best practices and the market’s cash cows (BCG matrix). We conduct detailed market positioning, product positioning and competitive positioning. Entry strategies, gaps and opportunities are identified for all the stakeholders.
• Comprehensive market analysis for pharmaceutical and biotech companies, medical device manufacturers, pharma-research labs, doctors, physicians and hospitals, medical/pharma associations, retailers and super-retailers, technology providers, and research and development (R&D) companies.
Key questions answered
• Which are the high-growth segments/cash cows and how is the market segmented in terms of applications, products, services, ingredients, technologies, stakeholders?
• What are market estimates and forecasts; which markets are doing well and which are not?
• Where are the gaps and opportunities; what is driving the market?
• Which are the key playing fields? Which are the winning edge imperatives?
• How is the competitive outlook; who are the main players in each of the segments; what are the key selling products; what are their strategic directives, operational strengths and product pipelines? Who is doing what?
Powerful Research and analysis
The analysts working with MarketsandMarkets come from renowned publishers and market research firms, globally, adding their expertise and domain understanding. We get the facts from over 22,000 news and information sources, a huge database of key industry participants and draw on our relationships with more than 900 market research companies across the world. We, at MarketsandMarkets, are inspired to help our clients grow by providing qualitative business insights with our huge market intelligence repository.
1.1. KEY TAKE AWAYS
1.2. REPORT DESCRIPTION
1.3. MARKET COVERED
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1. EVOLUTION OF THE BABY FOOD MARKET
3.2. TRENDS IN THE BABY FOOD PRODUCT AND INGREDIENT MARKETS
3.3. LACTOSE INTOLERANCE: POPULATION ANALYSIS
3.4. DRIVING FACTOR ANALYSIS FOR BABY FOOD MARKET
3.5. MARKET DEFINITIONS
3.6. CONSUMPTION PATTERN OF BABY FOOD BY AGE GROUP
3.7. DECISION INFLUENCERS FOR BABY FOOD PRODUCTS
3.8. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS – BABY FOOD MARKET SIZE VS CAGR (2009-2014)
3.9. AGE-WISE BABY FOOD MARKET ANALYSIS
18.104.22.168. Changing Socio-Economic Trends and Increasing Consumer Awareness
22.214.171.124. Innovative Products and Packaging
126.96.36.199. Static market conditions and variation in costs of raw material
188.8.131.52. Food safety issues
184.108.40.206. Large Untapped Market in Developing Countries
220.127.116.11. Organic Baby Food Attracting Consumer Attention
18.104.22.168. Enriched Baby Food Products Gaining Popularity
4. BABY FOOD MARKET BY PRODUCTS
4.1. BOTTLED BABY FOOD MARKET
22.214.171.124. Bottled Baby Food Caters to Babies of All Age Groups
126.96.36.199. Shorter Life Span and Safety Concerns
188.8.131.52. Largest Potential Customer Base
4.1.4. Baby Juice Market
184.108.40.206.1. Easy to consume; available in many varieties
220.127.116.11.1. Low Shelf-life
18.104.22.168.1. Enriched and Enhanced Juices
22.214.171.124. Key Players
126.96.36.199. Baby Fruit Juice
188.8.131.52. Baby Vegetable Juices
184.108.40.206. Mixed Juices
4.1.5. Pureed Baby Food
220.127.116.11. Baby Fruit Juice
18.104.22.168. Baby Vegetable Juices
4.1.6. Baby Milk Products
22.214.171.124. Drivers and Opportunities
126.96.36.199. Animal Milk
4.2. BABY FOOD CEREALS MARKET
4.3. BABY FOOD SNACKS MARKET
4.3.1. Drivers and Opportunities
4.3.3. Key Players
4.4. BABY FOOD SOUP MARKET
4.4.1. Drivers and Inhibitors
4.4.2. Non-vegetarian soup
4.4.3. Vegetarian soup
4.5. FROZEN BABY FOOD MARKET
4.5.3. Frozen Non-Vegetarian Baby Food
188.8.131.52. Market Drivers and Inhibitors
4.5.4. Frozen Vegetarian Baby Food
4.5.5. Frozen Fruits Baby Food
5. BABY FOOD MARKET BY HEALTH BENEFITS
5.1. IMMUNE SYSTEM
5.2. BRAIN AND EYE DEVELOPMENT
5.3. MUSCULAR GROWTH
5.4. BONES AND TEETH DEVELOPMENT
5.5. BLOOD ENHANCEMENT
5.6. NERVOUS SYSTEM
5.7. VASCULAR SYSTEM
5.8. BODY ENERGY
5.9. OTHER BENEFITS
6.1. CHANGE IN TRENDS IN CONSUMPTION PATTERNS
6.3. MILK PRODUCTS
6.3.1. ANIMAL MILK
6.6. MEAT PRODUCTS
7. GEOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS OF BABY FOOD MARKET
7.1. U.S. BABY FOOD MARKET
7.2. EUROPEAN BABY FOOD MARKET
7.3. ASIAN BABY FOOD MARKET
8. COMPANY PROFILES
8.1. ABBOTT NUTRITION
8.3. BEECH NUT
8.4. BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB
8.5. DANONE DUMEX
8.6. DUTCH LADY
8.7. EARTH’S BEST
8.8. ELLA'S KITCHEN
8.10. H.J. HEINZ CO
8.11. HALAL BABY FOOD
8.12. HEALTHY SPROUTS FOODS INC
8.14. HIPP ORGANIC BABY FOOD
8.15. LITTLE DISH
8.17. PLUM MUMS
8.18. PLUM ORGANIC
8.19. SMA NUTRITION
8.21. SWEET PEA BABY FOOD COMPANY
8.22. TASTYBABY LLC
8.23. STONYFIELD FARM
8.24. YUBAO GOAT DAIRY CO, LTD
8.26. BABY ORGANIX
8.27. BABYLICIOUS LTD.
8.28. PBM NUTRITIONAL
8.30. ORGANIC BUBS
8.31. PETER RABBIT ORGANICS
9. PATENT ANALYSIS
10.1. U.S. BOTTLED BABY FOOD PATENTS
10.2. U.S. BABY CEREALS FOOD PATENTS
10.3. U.S. MILK PRODUCTS FOOD PATENTS
10.4. U.S. BABY SNACKS AND BABY SOUP FOOD PATENTS
10.5. U.S. FRUITS AND VEGETABLES FOOD PATENTS
10.6. EUROPE BABY FOOD PATENTS
10.7. JAPAN BABY FOOD PATENTS
10.8. NUTRITIONAL CONTENT OF BABY FOOD INGREDIENTS
10.8.1. DRY RICE CEREAL FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.2. DRY OATMEAL CEREAL FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.3. DRY BARLEY CEREAL FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.4. DRY WHOLE MILK FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.5. PLAIN YOGURT (WHOLE MILK) FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.6. STRAINED BANANA FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.7. PLUMS WITH TAPIOCA FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.8. MANGO WITH TAPIOCA FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.9. STRAINED PINEAPPLE DESSERT FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.10. STRAINED SWEET POTATOES FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.11. STRAINED AND CREAMED SPINACH FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.12. STRAINED CARROTS FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.13. STRAINED PEAS FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.14. STRAINED BEEF FOR BABY FOOD
10.8.15. STRAINED CHICKEN FOR BABY FOOD