- The report contains detailed information about Chai-Na-Ta Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Chai-Na-Ta Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Chai-Na-Ta Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Chai-Na-Ta Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Chai-Na-Ta Corp. business.
About Chai-Na-Ta Corp.
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. engages in growing, processing, and marketing North American ginseng. The company offers ginseng in various forms, such as capsule, slice, tablet, tea, powder, extract, whole root form, and as additives to various consumer products.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had under lease 331 acres and owned 50 acres of farmland of which 266 were under ginseng cultivation in Ontario. The North American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) is a woodland plant native to North America. Ginseng is sold in capsule, slice, tablet, tea, powder, extract, whole root form, and as additives to various consumer products
The companys wholly-owned subsidiary, Chai-Na-Ta Farms Ltd. (CNT Farms), carries out the planting, growing, and harvesting of the companys ginseng crops. CNT Farms also handles the storage of root inventory and manages the distribution of inventory directly to local customers or to customers in the Far East through CNT Trading (Hong Kong) Limited. CNT Farms also carries out crop research.
The company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, CNT Trading (Hong Kong) Limited (CNT HK), carries out direct marketing, sales, and distribution functions for North American ginseng in Hong Kong for distribution through Asia. CNT HK sells ginseng roots directly to brokers, distributors, and certain customers in the Far East, primarily China.
The company, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, CNT Nutraceuticals Ltd. (CNTN), operates a showroom in Richmond, British Columbia and carries out direct marketing and sales of graded roots and ginseng-based value-added products to customers in Canada.
Sales and Marketing
The companys product is typically sold to ginseng brokers in Hong Kong and smaller customers.
The company was founded in 1981. It was formerly known as Chai-Na-Ta Ginseng Products Limited and changed its name to Chai-Na-Ta Corp. in 1994.
1. CHAI-NA-TA CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHAI-NA-TA CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHAI-NA-TA CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHAI-NA-TA CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHAI-NA-TA CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Chai-Na-Ta Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Chai-Na-Ta Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHAI-NA-TA CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHAI-NA-TA CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW*
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies*
Key Executives Compensations*
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Major Shareholders
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. History
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Offices and Representations
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Consensus Recommendations*
Analyst Recommendation Summary*
Price Target Summary*
Experts Recommendation Trends*
Revenue Estimates Analysis*
Earnings Estimates Analysis*
Revenue Estimates Trend*
Earnings Estimates Trend*
LIST OF FIGURES
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Chai-Na-Ta Corp. Article Density Chart
* – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price.