- The report contains detailed information about Archer Daniels Midland Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Archer Daniels Midland Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Archer Daniels Midland Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Archer Daniels Midland Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Archer Daniels Midland Company business.
About Archer Daniels Midland Company
Archer Daniels Midland Company engages in procuring, transporting, storing, processing, and merchandising agricultural commodities and products.
The company is a processor of oilseeds, corn, wheat, cocoa, and other feedstuffs. It is a manufacturer of vegetable oil and protein meal, corn sweeteners, flour, biodiesel, ethanol, and other value-added food and feed ingredients. It also has a grain elevator and transportation network to procure, store, clean, and transport agricultural commodities, such as oilseeds, corn, wheat, milo, oats, and barley, as well as processed agricultural commodities.
The companys operations are classified into three segments, including Oilseeds Processing, Corn Processing, and Agricultural Services.
The Oilseeds Processing segment includes activities related to the origination, merchandising, crushing, and further processing of oilseeds, such as soybeans, cottonseed, sunflower seeds, canola, rapeseed, peanuts, flaxseed, and palm into vegetable oils and protein meals. The Oilseeds Processing segment principally produces and markets processed oilseed products as ingredients for the food, feed, energy, and other industrial products industries. Crude vegetable oil is sold as is or is further processed by refining, blending, bleaching, and deodorizing into salad oils. Salad oils are sold as is or are further processed by hydrogenating and/or interesterifying into margarine, shortening, and other food products. Partially refined oil is used to produce biodiesel or is sold to other manufacturers for use in chemicals, paints, and other industrial products. Oilseed protein meals are principally sold to third parties to be used as ingredients in commercial livestock and poultry feeds. The Oilseeds Processing segment also produces natural health and nutrition products and other specialty food and feed ingredients. In North America, cottonseed flour is produced and sold primarily to the pharmaceutical industry and cotton cellulose pulp is manufactured and sold to the chemical, paper, and filter markets. In South America, the Oilseeds Processing segment utilizes a network of grain elevators, port facilities and transportation assets to buy, store, clean, and transport agricultural commodities and operates fertilizer blending facilities.
The company produces a range of edible soy protein products, including soy flour, soy grits, soy protein concentrates and soy isolates that are used in processed meats, baked foods, nutritional products, snacks, and dairy and meat analogs.
From co-products of oilseeds, the company produces natural source vitamin E, tocopherol antioxidants and phytosterols, which are marketed to the dietary supplement and food industry. The company produces soy isoflavones, a dietary supplement, from a co-product of edible soy processing.
Golden Peanut Company LLC, a joint venture between the company and Alimenta (U.S.A.), Inc., is a major supplier of peanuts and peanut derived ingredients to both the domestic and export markets. The company has a 50% ownership interest in this joint venture.
The company has a 50% interest in Edible Oils Limited, a joint venture between it and Princes Foods to procure, package, and sell edible oils in the United Kingdom. It announced the formation of a new edible oils joint venture with Princes Foods in Poland.
Stratas Foods LLC, a joint venture between the company and ACH Jupiter, LLC, a subsidiary of Associated British Foods, procures, packages, and sells edible oils in North America. The company has a 50% ownership interest in this joint venture.
The company has a 16.4% ownership interest in Wilmar International Limited (Wilmar), an agribusiness group in Asia. Wilmar operates as a processor and merchandiser of palm and lauric oils, and a major oil palm plantation owner. In China, Wilmar is a consumer edible oils producer, oilseeds crusher, edible oils refiner, and specialty fats and oleochemicals manufacturer.
The company is a major supplier of agricultural commodity raw materials to Edible Oils Limited, Stratas Foods LLC, and Wilmar.
Corn Processing segment engages i
1. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Archer Daniels Midland Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Archer Daniels Midland Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Archer Daniels Midland Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Archer Daniels Midland Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Archer Daniels Midland Company Industry Position Analysis
6. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Archer Daniels Midland Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Archer Daniels Midland Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Archer Daniels Midland Company Major Shareholders
Archer Daniels Midland Company History
Archer Daniels Midland Company Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Archer Daniels Midland Company Offices and Representations
Archer Daniels Midland Company SWOT Analysis
Income Statement 2009-2012 Including 4-years Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet 2009-2012 Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow 2009-2012 Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Archer Daniels Midland Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Archer Daniels Midland Company Capital Market Snapshot
Archer Daniels Midland Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Archer Daniels Midland Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Archer Daniels Midland Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Archer Daniels Midland Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Archer Daniels Midland Company 1-year Stock Charts
Archer Daniels Midland Company 5-year Stock Charts
Archer Daniels Midland Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Archer Daniels Midland Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Archer Daniels Midland Company Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations;
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?