Zydus Cadila Generics Company Intelligence Report

Date: January 22, 2011
Pages: 12
US$ 340.00
License [?]:
Publisher: Espicom Business Intelligence
Report type: Strategic Report
Delivery: E-mail Delivery (PDF)
ID: Z38288BB96FEN

Download PDF Leaflet

Zydus Cadila Generics Company Intelligence Report
Cadila was founded in 1952, and was restructured in 1992 to become the Zydus Cadila Group. Cadila Healthcare, the Group's flagship company, was launched as an IPO in February 2000. The Zydus Group is aiming to become one of the top three healthcare companies in India and a global player. It has made forays into the US and EU markets, and other markets, such as Brazil, South Africa and Algeria. It started selling in Japan in 2007.

In July 2003, Zydus signed an agreement to acquire Alpharma SAS France, which it has renamed Zydus France. The acquisition gave the company an established distribution network and a pipeline of 109 generic registrations.

Zydus gained its first US ANDA approval, for atenolol tablets, in January 2005. The company has continued to push its presence in the US market since.

In May 2008, Zydus purchased the Spanish firm, Laboratorios Combix. The purchase enabled Zydus’ entry into the Spanish generics market. In November 2008, the firm acquired Etna Biotech in Italy, giving it a development platform for new vaccines.

In FY2009/10, ended 31st March 2010, Zydus reported consolidated gross sales worth Rs36,142 million (US$763.0 million). This was an increase of 23.9% over the prior year. Net profit increased by 66.6%, reaching Rs5,051 million (US$106.6 million).

At the end of 2009, the South African firm, Simayla, became wholly-owned by Zydus. Zydus had gained a 70% majority stake in Simayla in 2008, and acquired the remaining 30% in 2009.

In May 2010, Zydus and Abbott announced that they had entered into a strategic agreement focusing on the emerging markets. Abbott will licence 24 of Zydus' branded generics in 15 key emerging markets; the agreement includes an option for a further 40 products to be included.




Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA ANDA Approvals, January 2002 – September 2010
Recent Product Approvals
Pramipexole (US)
Losartan and losartan / hydrochlorothiazide (US)
Anastrozole (US)
Zydus Cadila launches swine flu vaccine in India
Tamsulosin (US)
Letrozole (US, tentative)
Atomoxetine (US, tentative)
Bicalutamide (US)


Latest Quarterly Results, Q210/11
Zydus Cadila: consolidated quarterly results, in Rs millions
Zydus Cadila: consolidated quarterly results, in US$ millions
Latest Fiscal Year Results, 2009/10
Zydus Cadila, consolidated fiscal year results, in Rs millions
Zydus Cadila, consolidated fiscal year results, in US$ millions
Financial highlights
Domestic formulations
Latin America
Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East and CIS regions


Zydus Nycomed commissions newly-expanded plant
Mergers, acquisitions and agreements
Zydus Cadila enters generics alliance with Abbott
Simayla becomes wholly owned by Zydus Cadila
Mesalamine lawsuit filed against Zydus Cadila

Skip to top

Ask Your Question

Zydus Cadila Generics Company Intelligence Report
Company name*:
Contact person*:
Request invoice
Your enquiry:
Please click on a Check Box below to confirm you are not a robot: