Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables (Orthopedic Devices) - Global Market Analysis and Forecast Model (COVID-19 market impact)
Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables (Orthopedic Devices) - Global Market Analysis and Forecast Model (COVID-19 market impact) is built to visualize quantitative market trends within Orthopedic Devices therapeutic area.
The model discusses in detail the impact of COVID-19 on Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables market for the year 2020 and beyond. The Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables market is influenced by the procedure numbers of high-volume surgeries, such as hip and knee replacements. Orthopedic power tools are used in almost all aspects of orthopedic surgery, including wound debridement through pulse lavage, and drilling into the bone.
Bone fracture, Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury are the leading causes for treatments necessitating the use of Orthopedic Power Tools. Although the prevalence of these conditions vary globally, usage of Orthopedic Power Tools is universally impacted by the rates of spinal fracture, ACL reconstruction and sports-related injuries. It is estimated that the prevalence of rotator cuff tears is 22% with risk significantly increasing with increased age. However, sports-related injuries are more common among younger individuals.
Each of the covered 39 country’s color-coded and fully-sourced market models are equipped with epidemiology based indications with procedure volumes. To increase the data transparency, the interactive excel deliverable covers installed base, new sales volumes, product usage, average selling prices, market size and company share/rank analysis (wherever available). Moreover, analyst comments with qualitative insight offer context for quantitative data.
Key Inclusions of the market model are -
Currently marketed Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables and evolving competitive landscape -
- Insightful review of the key industry trends.
- Annualized total Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables market revenue by segment and market outlooks from 2015-2030.
- Granular data on total procedures, units, average selling prices and market values by segment.
- Qualitative market specific information is available with global trends further broken down into regional trends. In addition GlobalData analysts provide unique country specific insights on the market.
- SWOT analysis for Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables market.
- Competitive dynamics insights and trends provided for Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables market.
- Country specific overview of the healthcare system.
- Country specific reimbursement policies.
- Country specific medtech regulatory landscape.
Companies covered: Stryker Corp, DePuy Synthes Inc, Medtronic plc, ConMed Corp, Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc, De Soutter Medical Ltd and Others
Countries covered: United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil, China, India, Russia, Japan, Australia, Canada, Mexico, South Korea, Denmark, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Israel, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Taiwan, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Argentina and Chile.
This Market Model gives important, expert insight you won’t find in any other source. The model illustrates qualitative and quantitative trends within the specified market. This model is required reading for -
- CMO executives who must have deep understanding of the Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables marketplace to make strategic planning and investment decisions.
- Sourcing and procurement executives who must understand crucial components of the supply base in order to make decisions about supplier selection and management.
- Private equity investors that need a deeper understanding of the market to identify and value potential investment targets.
The model will enable you to -
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables market.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the company share of market leaders.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific Orthopedic Power Tools and Consumables market from 2015-2030.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
DePuy Synthes Inc
Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc
De Soutter Medical Ltd
To provide relief to patients undergoing orthopedic surgery requiring knee implants, the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) extended the timeline of price cap on these devices by one more year. The move is likely to drive the sale of knee implants in India, says GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
(Orthopedic Devices) - Global Market Analysis and Forecast Model (COVID-19 market impact) reveals that the medical devices market in India, which accounted for more than 11% of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) medical devices market in 2019, is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4% through 2028.
Rohit Anand, Medical Devices Analyst at GlobalData, comments: “The number of knee replacement surgeries are expected to come down in 2020, impacting the sales amid the COVID-19 outbreak. The decision to continue the price cap on knee implants for another year will encourage patients to advance knee replacement procedures and we may see a surge in these procedures in 2021.”
Large multinationals including Stryker, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew and Zimmer Biomet currently hold majority of the market share. GlobalData expects these four players to continue to dominate India’s knee replacement market.
Mr Anand concludes: “Price cap on knee implants may impact supply of these devices in the long run as shrinking profit and trade margins may discourage multinationals to bring innovative products. Subsequently, they may not see India as an attractive location to do business. However, this may also encourage multinational companies to invest in manufacturing in India.
“On the other hand, the move will ultimately benefit millions of patients if the government takes steps to reduce the overall procedure cost.
The government may control prices at import and retail levels but fixing the cost of procedures at hospital level in private set-up will be a challenge. Since most of these surgeries are performed in private hospitals, we may see a rise in out-of-pocket expenses for patients undergoing knee implant surgeries.”