Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices (General Surgery) - Global Market Analysis and Forecast Model (COVID-19 Market Impact)
Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices (General Surgery) - Global Market Analysis and Forecast Model (COVID-19 Market Impact) is built to visualize quantitative market trends within General Surgery therapeutic area.
The model discusses in detail the impact of COVID-19 on Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices market for the year 2020 and beyond. Endoscopic Hemostasis is a technique employed in the management of Gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding and often acts as the first line of therapy. Since Hemostasis treatment using these devices are performed by means of an endoscope, it is known as Endoscopic Hemostasis.
The indications of Endoscopic Hemostasis technique include various upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding diseases. Upper GI bleeding mainly includes peptic ulcer bleeding and variceal bleeding while diverticular bleeding and benign anorectal bleeding are the most common etiologies for hospital admissions with lower GI bleeding. Other causes include esophagitis, mallory-weiss syndrome, dieulafoy's lesion, post-polypectomy bleeding, vascular ectasia, radiation proctitis, inflammatory bowel disease and delayed bleeding occurring after endoscopic mucosal resection.
These devices are generally classified into mechanical devices (clips, ligation devices, suturing devices, stents), injection devices (injection needles), thermal devices (Hemostatic probes, Hemostatic forceps, heater probe, argon plasma coagulation, radiofrequency ablation, and cryotherapy) and topical devices (Hemostatic spray).
Each of the covered 39 country’s color-coded and fully-sourced market models are equipped with epidemiology based indications with procedure volumes. To increase the data transparency, the interactive excel deliverable covers installed base, new sales volumes, product usage, average selling prices, market size and company share/rank analysis (wherever available). Moreover, analyst comments with qualitative insight offer context for quantitative data.
Key Inclusions of the market model are -
Currently marketed Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices and evolving competitive landscape -
- Insightful review of the key industry trends.
- Annualized total Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices market revenue by segment and market outlooks from 2015-2030.
- Granular data on total procedures, units, average selling prices and market values by segment.
- Qualitative market specific information is available with global trends further broken down into regional trends. In addition, GlobalData analysts provide unique country specific insights on the market.
- SWOT analysis for Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices market.
- Competitive dynamics insights and trends provided for Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices market.
- Country specific overview of the healthcare system.
- Country specific reimbursement policies.
- Country specific medtech regulatory landscape.
Companies covered - Boston Scientific Corp, ConMed Corp, Cook Medical Inc, Diversatek, Inc., Olympus Corp, US Endoscopy Group, Micro-Tech Endoscopy, Integra LifeSciences Corp, Sklar Surgical Instruments, Merit Medical Systems Inc
Countries covered - United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil, China, India, Russia, Japan, Australia, Canada, Mexico, South Korea, Denmark, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Israel, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Taiwan, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Argentina and Chile.
Who should buy this report?
- This Market Model gives important, expert insight you won’t find in any other source. The model illustrates qualitative and quantitative trends within the specified market. This model is required reading for -
- CMO executives who must have deep understanding of the Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices marketplace to make strategic planning and investment decisions.
- Sourcing and procurement executives who must understand crucial components of the supply base in order to make decisions about supplier selection and management.
- Private equity investors that need a deeper understanding of the market to identify and value potential investment targets.
The model will enable you to -
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices market.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the company share of market leaders.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country specific Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices market from 2015-2030.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Boston Scientific Corp
Cook Medical Inc
US Endoscopy Group
Integra LifeSciences Corp
Sklar Surgical Instruments
Merit Medical Systems Inc
Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices Market valued at $730m driven by recent approval of New Devices
The global endoscopic hemostasis devices market is currently valued at $730m and is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5% driven by the recent approval of new devices such as hemostatic sprays.
GlobalData’s market value includes the negative impact of COVID-19, as year-over-year (YOY) sales for endoscopic hemostasis devices declined in 2020 due to many surgical procedures being postponed during Q2 2020.
By 2021, GlobalData anticipates the start of a ‘surge period’ in procedures and endoscopic hemostasis devices sales to make up for surgeries that were postponed in 2020. However, the surge will not offset revenue losses until 2022.
GlobalData’s recent report, ‘Endoscopic Hemostasis Devices (General Surgery) – Global Market Analysis and Forecast Model (COVID-19 Market Impact)’ indicates that 10% of revenue was lost in 2020 due to COVID-19, as many surgical procedures were postponed in Q2 2020. However, the endoscopic hemostasis devices market was not as severely impacted as other markets such as aesthetic injectables or bariatric surgery devices that rely solely on elective procedures to generate revenue.
Eric Chapman, Senior Medical Devices Analyst at GlobalData, comments: “In Q1 2020, elective procedures were postponed from around mid-March (two out of 12 weeks), however, this two-week period did not severely impact the overall sales of ERCP and PTC devices. By Q2 2020, as the number of new COVID-19 cases had reached a peak and many procedures had been cancelled or postponed, the market was down 37%.”
Boston Scientific Corp is the market leader for endoscopic hemostasis devices sales, followed by Cook Medical, Olympus Corp, Erbe Elektromedizin and ConMed Corp. As such, these companies lost the most revenue due to the impact of COVID-19.
Chapman continues: “GlobalData expects these players to retain their market position after the market recovers from the pandemic. Smaller manufacturers will continue to have a difficult time winning market share from these companies, especially in the US.”