Pakistan Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2025
Pakistan Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2025 report provides the market size forecast and the projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) for the next five years. The report covers the industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants.
One of the most attractive defense markets in South Asia, Pakistan is anticipated to invest US$51.4 billion cumulatively over the forecast period, compared to US$42.7 billion spent during 2015-2019. Pakistan has been badly affected by COVID-19, with the economic disruption caused by the pandemic exacerbating an existing crisis.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Pakistani defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Pakistani defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the India's defense industry during 2021-2025, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities:list of the top ten defense investment opportunities over the next 5 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Pakistani defense industry.
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Pakistanian defense market over the next five years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Pakistan market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Indian defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Pakistanian government
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country.
- The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available.
1.1. What is this Report About?
1.3. Summary Methodology
1.4. About GlobalData
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. MARKET ATTRACTIVENESS AND EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES
2.1. Current Market Scenario
2.2. Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast
2.3. Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation
2.4. Benchmarking with Key Global Markets
2.5. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Growth Stimulators
2.6. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Growth Stimulators
3. DEFENSE PROCUREMENT MARKET DYNAMICS
3.1. Import Market Dynamics
3.2. Export Market Dynamics
4. INDUSTRY DYNAMICS
4.1. Five Forces Analysis
5. MARKET ENTRY STRATEGY
5.1. Market Regulation
5.2. Market Entry Route
5.3. Key Challenges
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE AND STRATEGIC INSIGHTS
6.1. Competitive Landscape Overview
6.2. Key Domestic Companies
6.3. Key Foreign Companies
7. BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT AND COUNTRY RISK
7.1. Economic Performance
8.1. About GlobalData
Table 1: Pakistan - Ongoing Procurement Programs, 2020
Table 2: Pakistan - Future Procurement Programs, 2020
Table 3: Pakistan - Defense Procurement Programs by Value (US$ Million), 2020-2025
Table 4: Pakistani Defense Cooperation
Table 5: Pakistani Military Training Exercises
Table 6: Pakistan -Defense Expenditure (PKR Billion & US$ Billion), 2016-2025
Table 7: Pakistan - Defense Expenditure Including US Aid, 2016-2020
Table 8: Pakistan -GDP Growth vs. Defense Expenditure as a Percentage of GDP, 2016-2025
Table 9: Pakistan -Defense Budget Split Between Capital and Revenue Expenditure (%), 2016-2025
Table 10: Pakistan -Defense Capital Expenditure (PKR Billion & US$ Billion), 2016-2025
Table 11: Pakistan -Defense Capital Expenditure Breakdown (%), 2016-2025
Table 12: Pakistan -Defense Budget in PKR Billion, by Service (PKR Billion / %), 2016-2025
Table 13: Pakistan -Defense Budget in US$ Billion - Breakdown by Services (Army, Navy, Air Force and Others) 2016-2025
Table 14: Pakistan -Per Capita Defense Expenditure (US$), 2016-2025
Table 15: Pakistan -Homeland Security Expenditure (PKR Billion / US$ Billion), 2016-?
Table 16: Benchmarking with Key Markets - 2016-2020 vs. 2021-2025
Table 17: Pakistan - Defense Market Sectors by Value (US$ Million), 2020-2025
Table 18: Offset Multiplier Categories
Table 19: FMS route followed by Foreign Companies
Table 20: Market Entry Strategies by Key Foreign Companies
Table 21: Key Foreign Companies and Operations in Pakistan’s Defense Industry
Table 22: Top Defense Suppliers in Pakistan’s Defense Industry - By Value (US$ Million) 2020-2025
Table 23: Competitive Landscape of Pakistan’s Defense Industry
Table 24: Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works - Product Focus
Table 25: Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works - Alliances
Table 26: Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works - Recent Contract Wins
Table 27: Pakistan Aeronautical Complex - Product Focus
Table 28: Pakistan Aeronautical Complex - Alliances
Table 29: Pakistan Aeronautical Complex - Recent Contract Wins
Table 30: Pakistan Ordnance Factories - Product Focus
Table 31: Pakistan Ordnance Factories - Alliances
Table 32: Pakistan Ordnance Factories - Recent Contract Wins
Table 33: Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission - Product Focus
Table 34: Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission - Alliances
Table 35: Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission - recent contract wins
Table 36: Heavy Industries Taxila - product focus
Table 37: Heavy Industries Taxila - alliances
Table 38: Heavy Industries Taxila - recent contract wins
Table 39: The Heavy Mechanical Complex - product focus
Table 40: The Heavy Mechanical Complex - alliances
Table 41: SATUMA - product focus
Table 42: SATUMA - recent contract wins
Table 43: Boeing - Product Focus
Table 44: Boeing - Recent Contract Wins
Table 45: Raytheon - Product Focus
Table 46: Raytheon - Recent Contract Wins
Table 47: Lockheed Martin - Product Focus
Table 48: Lockheed Martin - alliances
Table 49: Lockheed Martin - Recent Contract Wins
Table 50: Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group - Product Focus
Table 51: Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group - Alliances
Table 52: Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group - Recent Contract Wins
Table 53: Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) - Main Products
Table 54: Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) - Alliances
Table 55: Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) - Recent Contract Wins
Table 56: Aselsan - Main Products
Table 57: Aselsan - Alliances
Table 58: Aselsan - Recent Contract Wins
Pakistan’s defense expenditure outlay will continue to grow and is expected to reach US$12.4bn by 2025 with the primary focus to build military capability to counter incursion of external forces despite a struggling economy.
GlobalData’s report, ‘Pakistan Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2025’, reveals that the military spending of Pakistan, as a percentage of GDP, is expected to increase from the present 3.9% to 5.4% in 2025.
Pakistani Defense Expenditure (US$ Bn) 2016-2025
Pakistan’s economy has been struggling prior to COVID-19 and the pandemic has further worsened the situation. The country was forced to seek help under the Extended Fund Facility (EFF) program of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) due to its fiscal and current deficit problem.
Pakistan’s economic decline has not deterred its strategic focus to contest militarily with India and thereby, increase defense expenditure.
Unlike other countries in South Asia, COVID-19 has not been a factor for the change in the defense expenditure. Thus, Pakistan’s defense expenditure continues to increase and its strategic focus to counter the external incursions hasn’t changed. This has resulted in the upgrade of the indigenous Al Khalid main battle tank to the Al Khalid-I standard, speeding up the production of JF-17 fighter jet in China and may procure Chinese Z-10 attack helicopters.
Vardhani Pitchuka, Aerospace Defense and Security Analyst at GlobalData, says:
“Pakistan’s strategic focus and the push for modernization of its defense forces are likely to come under greater scrutiny of all parties involved in its debt and may add to further restrictions to the access of arms from the West. However, countries like China, with an interest in maintaining a dependable partner, may provide the modernization through special schemes while they maintain their economic programs in the country. These developments will need to be watched to understand the stability and accessibility to this market.”