India Petrochemicals Report Q3 2016

Date: July 6, 2016
Pages: 94
US$ 1,295.00
Report type: Strategic Report
Delivery: E-mail Delivery (PDF)

Download PDF Leaflet

Includes 3 FREE quarterly updates

BMI View: The performance of the Indian petrochemicals industry is set to strengthen in 2016 as new capacity comes onstream, albeit subject to the lengthy delays that have come to characterise the sector's development. The year began positively with the rescue of Haldia Petrochemicals and the completion of the Brahmaputra Gas Cracker and Polymer Ltd, both in the east of India where the government is now focusing its attention to take advantage of growth in neighbouring markets.

In Q116, growth was lacklustre compared to the same period in 2015 and saw a significant downturn compared to the previous quarter. Based on the average industrial production index for the first three months of 2016, chemicals output was up 0.6% y-o-y and 1.8% q-o-q, but rubber and plastic production fell 0.5% y-o-y and 6.8% q-o-q respectively. However, output was approximately in line with overall industrial trends with the industrial index growing 0.2% y-o-y, but falling 6.4% q-o-q.

The agriculture sector accounts for the bulk of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) demand in the country, with 70% of the resin purchased for use in irrigation pipes. The remaining 30% finds use in the construction sector, where PVC is used to make profiles, films, sheets and fittings, and in calendaring applications. The automotive sector will be a major force in driving engineering and high-performance plastics and synthetic rubber in India, and is fuelling the diversification of downstream industries. Producers are seeking to increase the value of production and to raise margins by tapping into growth in the autos industry, particularly in styrene-butadiene rubber, which India does not produce but which is needed for tyre production. The automotive component and tyre sectors are witnessing double-digit growth, fuelling demand for high value materials.
BMI Industry View
Operational Risk
Industry Forecast
  Table: India's Petrochemicals Sector Capacity, Historical Data & Forecasts, 2012-2020
Macroeconomic Forecasts
Macroeconomic Forecast
Industry Risk/Reward Index
Asia Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Index
  Table: Asia Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Index Ranking
India Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Index
Market Overview
Industry Trends And Developments
Company Profile
Gas Authority Of India
  Table: Financial Results (INRmn)
Indian Oil Corporation
  Table: Financial Results (INRmn)
Reliance Industries
  Table: Financial Results
Regional Overview
Asia Overview
Global Industry Overview
Demographic Forecast
  Table: Population Headline Indicators (India 1990-2025)
  Table: Key Population Ratios (India 1990-2025)
  Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (India 1990-2025)
  Table: Population By Age Group (India 1990-2025)
  Table: Population By Age Group % (India 1990-2025)
  Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
Industry Forecast Methodology
Risk/Reward Index Methodology
  Table: Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Index Indicators
  Table: Weighting Of Indicators
Skip to top

India Petrochemicals Report Q4 2015 US$ 1,295.00 Sep, 2015 · 96 pages
India Petrochemicals Report Q1 2016 US$ 1,295.00 Dec, 2015 · 88 pages
India Petrochemicals Report Q2 2016 US$ 1,295.00 Mar, 2016 · 99 pages

Ask Your Question

India Petrochemicals Report Q3 2016
Company name*:
Contact person*:
Request invoice
Your enquiry:
Please click on a Check Box below to confirm you are not a robot: