Q1 2020 Global Oil & Gas Industry Contracts Review - Assiut Oil Refinery Awards Major EPC Contract for Mazut Hydrocracking Complex in Assiut, Egypt
GlobalData's “Q1 2020 Global Oil & Gas Industry Contracts Review - Assiut Oil Refinery Awards Major EPC Contract for Mazut Hydrocracking Complex in Assiut, Egypt”: The is an essential source of data on the awarded contracts in the oil and gas industry, The report portrays detailed comparative data on the number of contracts and their value in the quarter, subdivided by region, sector and geographies during the quarter, Additionally, the report provides information on the top contractors and issuers based on the worth of contracts executed in the oil and gas industry during the quarter by geographies and over the year.
Data presented in this report is derived from GlobalData’s Contracts database, and primary and secondary research
- Analyze oil and gas contracts in the global arena
- Review of contracts in the upstream sector - exploration and production, midstream sector - pipeline, transportation, storage and processing, and in the downstream sector refining and marketing
- Information on the top awarded contracts by sector that took place in the oil and gas industry
- Geographies covered include - North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South & Central America, and Middle East & Africa
- @Summary of top contractors in the oil and gas industry over the past 12 months subdivided by the sectors
- @Summary of top issuers in the oil and gas industry over the past 12 months subdivided by the sectors
- Enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner,
- Find out the major contracts focused sectors for investments in your industry,
- Understand the contracts activity in the oil and gas industry
- Evaluate the type of services offered by key contractors during the month,
- Identify growth sectors and regions wherein contracts opportunities are more lucrative,
- Look for key contractors/issuers if you are looking to award a contract or interested in contracts activity within the oil and gas industry
Upstream Sector Review
Midstream Sector Review
Downstream/Petrochemical Sector Review
Global Oil & Gas Contracts and Contract Value (US$ billion), Q2 2019 - Q1 2020
Contracts by Sector and Region
Contracts by Scope and Terrain
Top Global Contractors and Issuers by Region, Q1 2020
Annual Top Global Contractors and Issuers by Region, Q2 2019 - Q1 2020
Top Global Contractors and Issuers for Upstream by Region, Q2 2019 - Q1 2020
Top Global Contractors and Issuers for Midstream by Region, Q2 2019 - Q1 2020
Top Global Contractors and Issuers for Downstream/Petrochemical by Region, Q2 2019 - Q1 2020
The global oil and gas industry has witnessed a significant slowdown in the number of oil and gas contracts and contract value, which is largely attributed to the decline in crude oil prices and reduced demand amid the COVID-19 outbreak. Furthermore, many oil and gas companies are reducing CAPEX/OPEX exposure in this non-conducive market. These negative impacts are dragging the oil and gas equipment and services market further down, says GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
The oil and gas industry recoded a contract value of US$13.5bn in Q1 2020, as compared to Q4 2019, which reported US$48.9bn contract value. The number of contracts also witnessed a decline from 1,365 in Q4 2019 to 1,000 in Q1 2020.
Some of the key contracts awarded/secured in this time were Enppi, TechnipFMC and Petrojet’s US$2.5bn contract for the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of mazut hydrocracking complex with 2.8mtpa capacity in Assiut, Egypt; and MAPNA Group’s ten-year Iranian Petroleum Contract framework agreement worth US$1.38bn for the provision of development and operations, including upgrading and construction works on facilities to increase production and exploitation of the Parsi and Paranj fields in Iran.
GlobalData’s latest report, ‘Q1 2020 Global Oil & Gas Industry Contracts Review’, states that the upstream sector reported 735 contracts in Q1 2020, followed by the midstream and downstream/petrochemical sectors with 155 and 118 contracts, respectively. North America recorded the majority of the contracts in the quarter, with 347, followed by Europe with 328.
Operation and maintenance (O&M) contracts represented 56% of the total made in Q1 2020, which was followed by contracts with multiple scopes such as construction, design and engineering, installation, O&M and procurement, which accounted for 15%.