The Future of Residential Energy Efficiency in Europe: Growing Opportunities for Utilities22 Apr 2011 • by Natalie Aster
The European energy efficiency market is driven by increasing environmental awareness, rising energy prices, and the introduction of legislative and regulatory environmental measures to combat climate change and improve energy security.
The BRAND NEW report “The Future of Residential Energy Efficiency in Europe: Growing Opportunities for Utilities” by Datamonitor looks at how multiple market opportunities are arising for utilities and other companies operating across the energy value chain in the residential sector.
Datamonitor believes that residential energy efficiency solutions in Europe will peak at £11bn per year in 2015. Its forecast model also predicts that the biggest potential for growth on a percentage basis is in ground source and air source heating pumps, followed by solar technology applications.
Utilities' energy efficiency offerings vary between European countries depending on the legislative framework and other country-specific factors. Analysis of utilities' online energy efficiency offerings reveals that 89% of utilities focus on providing their customers with free advice on how to save energy in their households.
Despite a number of market and economic barriers hampering more rapid growth in many countries and the energy efficiency sector at large, this issue will strongly affect the energy industry in the coming years. Utilties are advised to start engaging with the topic and preparing their strategies to respond to both the opportunities and challenges.
The Future of Residential Energy Efficiency in Europe: Growing Opportunities for Utilities
Published: March 2011
Price: US$ 2,900.00
The Report Provides…
- An assessment of the – mostly legislative and regulatory – drivers of energy efficiency including consumer attitudes;
- An estimate of the potential residential energy efficiency market value for the EU 27 countries including annual investment projections;
- An evaluation of the energy efficiency products and services offered online by EU utilities as well as illustrative examples of innovative practices;
- An analysis of the different business strategies employed by EU utilities to enter the energy efficiency market;
- A discussion of the main barriers to growth of the energy efficiency market and key recommendations for utilities preparing their entrance strategy.
Use the report to…
- Understand the state and outlook of the energy efficiency market and develop your opinion on the opportunities and challenges facing the industry;
- Assess the impact of different elements of EU and state legislation as well as consumer opinions on the demand for energy efficiency;
- Appreciate the market potential and annual investment projections for energy efficiency in Europe;
- Identify which business strategy to pursue to enter the energy efficiency market;
- Formulate arguments for lobbying and campaigning.
More information can be found in the report “The Future of Residential Energy Efficiency in Europe: Growing Opportunities for Utilities” by Datamonitor.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact firstname.lastname@example.org