Emerging Flavors in Alcoholic Drinks: Key Flavor Trends in Beer, Vodka, Gin, Liqueurs, Rum and Flavored Alcoholic Beverages18 Apr 2011 • by Natalie Aster
“Vodka flavors are set to become more focused on subtle and natural flavors as consumers become more refined in their tastes and increasingly prejudiced against poorer quality, cheaper flavored vodkas which have a more syrupy, sweeter taste.”
The highly topical report “Emerging Flavors in Alcoholic Drinks: Key Flavor Trends in Beer, Vodka, Gin, Liqueurs, Rum and Flavored Alcoholic Beverages” by Business Insights looks at flavor trends in alcoholic drinks, analyzing popular and emerging flavors in global launches over the 2007-2010 period. It focuses on six alcohol categories: beer, FABs, vodka, gin, liqueurs and rum.
Flavor trends in alcoholic drinks continue to evolve as companies seek to meet changing consumer tastes, expand into new consumer groups and bring more sophistication to brands in the face of high levels of brand competition. Flavor innovation can provide the impetus to boost a stagnating category, create interest in an emerging sector and even drive a successful market entry for a new manufacturer.
In beer, added flavorings must be proven to successfully integrate with its underlying taste. Overly strong flavorings are perceived as offputting, with subtle flavors having more general appeal as they enable the beer undernotes to shine through.
In contrast to other alcoholic drinks markets, the flavored alcoholic beverage category is relatively new, ensuring that consumers have fewer preconceived ideas of what flavors should be available. In addition, there are no well known base flavors to the drinks, so manufacturers are free to produce a wide range of flavor mixes in their products.
Emerging Flavors in Alcoholic Drinks: Key Flavor Trends in Beer, Vodka, Gin, Liqueurs, Rum and Flavored Alcoholic Beverages
Published: March 2011
Price: USD 2,875.00
Use the report to…
- Gain key insight into popular and emerging flavor trends in alcoholic drinks across six product categories;
- Understand the market dynamics that are driving flavor trends in the alcoholic drinks industry;
- Utilize key data on flavor trends, including the leading flavor types across six categories during 2007 to 2010;
- Identify products which demonstrate new flavor innovation;
- Learn how to interpret flavor trends for your own markets to gain competitive advantage.
…And answer questions like…
- What are the leading flavors to emerge in each of the alcohol drinks categories?
- Which flavor types are growing the fastest and which are in decline?
- What are the key consumer motivations for accepting new flavors and how are these trends driving manufacturer innovation?
- How can manufacturers use flavors to aid product consumption?
- Which flavors could be the next big thing in each of the alcoholic drinks categories?
More information can be found in the report “Emerging Flavors in Alcoholic Drinks: Key Flavor Trends in Beer, Vodka, Gin, Liqueurs, Rum and Flavored Alcoholic Beverages” by Business Insights.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact firstname.lastname@example.org