Home Healthcare Market (2009-2014)24 Feb 2011 • by Natalie Aster
Wilmington – According to a new healthcare market research report ‘Home Healthcare Market (2009-2014)’, published by MarketsandMarkets, the entire home healthcare market is estimated to be approximately $159.6 billion in 2009. The market for home healthcare services is estimated to constitute $143.1 billion, which is about 90% of the entire market.
The most important trend in healthcare witnessed in the recent times has been a shift of patient’s focus from hospitals to home care. The move from treatment to proactive monitoring has opened up new opportunities in the home healthcare market. Patients prefer home healthcare over hospitals mainly for the latter’s cost and convenience benefits; and are thus increasingly opting for third-party medical professionals and care-givers.
The home healthcare market generates more than 70% of revenues from those aged 65 years and above; mainly because of the declining ‘elderly support ratio’, or the ratio of the number of people caring for the elderly, to the number of older people above 65 years. This factor highlights the growth potential of the market for third-party care in coming years.
The market for home healthcare services is estimated to reach $207.0 billion by 2014. Home visits and nursing services constitute 72% of the entire market. Most of the growth potential lies in the field of home telemedicine services, the market for which is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 32.3% from 2009 to 2014. Diabetes devices alone constitute about 46% of the entire home healthcare equipment market, while the market for home therapeutic equipment is the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 19.4%.
Published: January 2010
Pages: 300 Price: USD 4,650
Scope of the report:
The report aims to identify and analyze the global home healthcare market and further segments the market as follows:
Home Healthcare Equipment:
- Home therapeutic equipment (oxygen delivery systems, CPAP, nebulizers, ventilators, humidifiers, IV diagnostics, home dialysis, ostomy supplies);
- Home self-diagnostics and patient monitoring equipment (diabetes care including blood glucose monitors, test strips, and insulin delivery devices; blood pressure monitors, holter monitors, heart rate meters, apnea and sleep monitors and others);
- Mobility assist devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, canes, walking sticks, examination chairs, treatment chairs, medical beds, ENT devices and other medical furniture and accessories).
Home Healthcare Services:
- Home respiratory therapy services;
- Home infusion therapy services;
- Home visits and nursing care services (physical examination, physical therapy, nursing services);
- Home telemedicine services.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact firstname.lastname@example.org