Successes and Failures in Consumer Packaged Goods Innovation and Marketing14 Feb 2011 • by Natalie Aster
London – Effective innovation is illusive, but is the key to sustained competitive advantage in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry. The report “Successes and Failures in Consumer Packaged Goods Innovation and Marketing ” by Datamonitor examines best-in-class examples of innovation and marketing to drive success in this increasingly challenging environment.
A number of successes benefit by offering something unique and experiential for a given consumption occasion. This often involves effectively ‘ritualizing’ product preparation and consumption. Philadelphia Cream Cheese Highlights how a campaign can challenge preconceived notions about how a product can be enjoyed, thereby introducing new rituals. There would appear to be particularly profitable opportunities at the intersection of trends. For example, Lawson’s bread in Australia effectively combined authenticity claims (sensory) with packaging benefits (convenience) to garner success in a cluttered segment. Many examples are testament to great marketing as much as they are about the inherent innovativeness of the actual product features/benefits.
Published: December 2010
Price: US$ 2,795
The report allows to:
- Access comprehensive analysis of 50 global successes and failures in the consumer packaged goods industry to drive ideation and inspiration;
- Develop stronger brands by gaining insight into the methods used by global industry players in consumer packaged goods to give them a competitive edge;
- Avoid costly investments by learning important lessons from companies and brands that have failed or under-delivered;
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the CPG industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of their category;
- Obtain country-specific consumer insight to understand the consumer attitudes and needs that drove innovation success.
Use it to answer questions like:
- What consumer trends are brands tapping into in order to achieve success?
- Why have seemingly well-conceived, 'on-trend' products gone on to fail?
- What can be learned from successful products in other categories or industries?
- What recent award winning brands should I be attentive to in 2011?
More information can be found in the report “Successes and Failures in Consumer Packaged Goods Innovation and Marketing ” by Datamonitor .
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact firstname.lastname@example.org