Oncology Market in China to 2017 - Better Access to Cancer Therapies for the Rising Cancer Population through Healthcare Reforms Drives the Market28 Jan 2011 • by Natalie Aster
London – “By 2017, the oncology market in China is estimated to reach $2.2 billion, driven by a CAGR of 12.9% from 2010. Key factors driving this strong growth include increases in the patient population for major cancer indications, accelerating urbanization, greater uptake of chemotherapies and high unmet need for safer and more efficacious medicines.”
The report “Oncology Market in China to 2017 - Better Access to Cancer Therapies for the Rising Cancer Population through Healthcare Reforms Drives the Market” by GBI Research provides insights into oncology sales and price forecasts until 2017. The report also examines the Chinese oncology treatment usage patterns. In addition, the report also includes insights into the oncology R&D pipeline. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top five oncology therapeutic indications, which are breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL).
Published: January 2011
Price: US$ 3,500.00 US$ 3,150.00
Offer valid until January 31, 2011!
The Chinese oncology market is fragmented, with the top five companies currently accounting for a combined value share below 30%. This presents an opportunity for increased M&A activity as leading players seek to improve their respective competitive positions.
Also, existing local and multinational players and new entrants able to overcome challenges including the proliferation of generics, the low level of reimbursement for branded pharmaceuticals as well as the nuisance of counterfeit drugs will seek to claim share of this fast-developing market.
In China, pricing and reimbursement policies are expected to become more favorable towards, primarily, traditional Chinese medicines (TCMs) and innovative drugs. Those companies able to combine biologics offering superior efficacy and safety compared to traditional chemotherapies with a successful reimbursement strategy will be well-positioned to maximize their ROI in China.
Key features of the report:
- A detailed portrait of the Chinese oncology market in terms of size and value, treatment costs and uptake and future growth drivers to 2017;
- Analysis of the therapeutic landscape in China, with sections focused on the individual markets for lung, breast, colorectal and prostate cancers as well as non-Hodgkin's lymphoma;
- A fuller understanding of critical success factors through in-depth studies of the competitive positioning of both established and emerging domestic and multinational players in the Chinese oncology market.
Key benefits of the report:
- Insight into the complex regulatory framework, ongoing reforms and the roles and responsibilities of different bodies in China that provides an essential strategic decision-making support;
- The study of recent licensing and M&A deals specific to the Chinese oncology market to highlight activity across indications, patient segments, products and companies.
More information can be found in the report “Oncology Market in China to 2017 - Better Access to Cancer Therapies for the Rising Cancer Population through Healthcare Reforms Drives the Market” by GBI Research.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact email@example.com