Opportunities for Composites in North American Automotive Market 2009-2014: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis20 Dec 2010 • by Natalie Aster
Texas, USA – Composites are becoming the material of choice for replacing traditional materials such as steel, aluminum and engineering plastics in North American automotive industry. Compared to traditional materials, composites have higher strength-to-weight ratios, chemical and heat impact resistance, offer greater design flexibility. The future of the composite materials in North American automotive industry market compared to competing materials look good. However, demand for composites dropped significantly during 2008 and expected to drop in 2009 as overall automotive market dipped in 2008 and expected to drop in 2009.
According to Lucintel’s new report “Opportunities for Composites in North American Automotive Market 2009-2014: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis”, composite materials market to reach $1581 million in 2014. Composites consumption in automotive applications such as air intake manifolds, front end carriers and connectors are forecast to grow at more than 4% CAGR during the next 5 years. Producers focusing on innovations and cost leadership will win most of the volume growth. Automotive OEMs are looking for new ways to reduce vehicle weight, further increasing fuel economy. By developing new materials to meet the demanding application requirements, composite materials suppliers will gain more market share during the next six years.
Opportunities for Composites in North American Automotive Market 2009-2014: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis
Published: January 2010
Price: US$ 4,600.00
The report is a vital reference guide for composite materials suppliers, automotive part manufacturers, investors, researchers, executives, distributors and many others who operate within or follow the composite marketplace. Some of the features of this market report are:
- Market size estimates in terms of value ($) and volume (mill lbs) materials consumption in North American Automotive industry.
- Porters Five Force Analysis for North American Automotive Composites market in terms of Supplier Power, Buyer Power, Barriers to Entry, Threat of Substitution and Rivalry.
- Growth trends for last 5 years and forecasts for next 5 years in terms of dollar shipment and lbs consumed in total NA composites market and also for various application segments such as Air intake manifold, connectors and front end carriers.
- Trends and forecast for various raw materials.
- Market penetration of competing materials in various applications.
- Over 90 figures/charts and 23 tables.
- Brief descriptions on major industry leaders.
Sample charts with random data
More information can be found in the report “Opportunities for Composites in North American Automotive Market 2009-2014: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis” by Lucintel.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact firstname.lastname@example.org