World Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Market, 2010-2015 (Pipeline Analysis of the Top 50 Companies)03 Dec 2010 • by Natalie Aster
New York – “The growing interest in biotechnology development has transitioned the pharmaceutical industry to biopharmaceuticals in less than a decade. The top biopharmaceuticals companies not surprisingly include the same names that have dominated pharmaceuticals for years - Pfizer, Merck and Novartis. Unable to ignore the benefits of investing in biotechnology, they are focusing on a pipeline in this direction through strategic acquisitions and partnerships with biotech companies and/or through their own in-house research efforts.”
Companies such as Amgen and Genzyme, which specialize in biotechnology, are now competing with a growing number of companies, and the line between pharmaceutical and biotech specialty companies is becoming blurred to the point that a distinction almost no longer exists. This trend is expected to continue to grow.
The research “World Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Market, 2010-2015 (Pipeline Analysis of the Top 50 Companies) ” by Kalorama Information captures these trends, extracting sales for all pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products (excluding prophylactic vaccines) and providing estimates and forecasts for the world biopharma market.
Date: July 2010
Price: US$ 3,995.00
Key Issues and Trends in the Industry
The complex nature of biopharmaceuticals and the growing interest in development of these products has resulted in a flood of new issues affecting the already complicated healthcare market. There are a number of issues and trends which are experienced by the healthcare industry as a whole and others which are unique to the development and commercialization of biopharmaceuticals. The following issues are covered in the report:
- Biotechnology Drug Development;
- Orphan Drugs;
- Fast Track Drug Status;
- Other Accelerated Methods for Drug Approval;
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Exclusivity;
- Biosimilar Development;
- Aging Populations;
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Collaborations;
- Contributors to R&D Success;
- R&D Spending Trends;
- The Role of Contract Research Organizations;
- Sustainability in a Changing Pharmaceutical Industry.
In this comprehensive look at the pipeline of major companies, Kalorama Information presents an accurate picture of the marketplace today, including:
- Market Estimates by Major Drug Category, including: Cardiovascular/Blood, Neurotherapeutics, Infection, Oncology, Respiratory/Inflammatory, Gastrointestinal, Other;
- Discussion of Marketplace Trends;
- Pipeline Analysis of Major Pharmacos;
- Detailed Company Profiles;
- Comparison of Market at Current Growth Versus Impact of Late-Stage Products;
- Biopharmaceutical Market Breakdown;
- Best-Selling Biopharmaceutical Products;
- Regulatory Activity and Market Impact.
The top 50 companies make up over 90% of the world biopharmaceutical market, while the top three companies accounted for nearly a quarter of all global sales in 2009. Kalorama looks at each key player's late-stage pipeline in detail.
More information can be found in the report “World Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Market, 2010-2015 (Pipeline Analysis of the Top 50 Companies) ” by Kalorama Information .
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact firstname.lastname@example.org