Drug Eluting Balloons Market Review: Analytics, Opportunities, Projections07 May 2010 • by Natalie Aster
“Small vessel disease, bifurcated lesions, in-stent restenosis and peripheral vascular disease represent a nearly $2 billion market. In addition, the complications associated with long term antiplatelet therapy such as the risk of bleeding and contraindications limit the use of the current interventions. The associated cost and patient compliance for current treatments open the door for drug eluting balloons to these markets”
DEB's have recently come into the limelight following the Conformite Europeenne (CE) approval of several DEB products and their consequent launch in Europe. The recently concluded clinical trials in Europe have produced superior results to the current interventions for a large number of indications such as in-stent restenosis, peripheral vascular disease and bifurcation lesions.
The global Drug Eluting Balloons (DEBs) market was valued at $60m in 2009 and is expected to grow at 10% over the next seven years. The market will be driven by increased adoption by physicians as long term clinical data is released, and as the device is adopted for newer indications such as peripheral vascular disease. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) product approvals over the next two to three years are also expected to boost uptake in the future, since the US is a major interventional cardiology device market.
A new report "Global Drug Eluting Balloons (DEB) Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016" provides key data, information and analysis on the global drug eluting balloons market. The report provides market landscape, competitive landscape and market trends information for the drug eluting balloons market. The report provides comprehensive information on the key trends affecting the market and analytical content on the market dynamics. The report also reviews the competitive landscape, key pipeline products and technology offerings.
The report provides with
- Annualized market revenues data from 2002 to 2009 forecast for 7 years to 2016. Company shares data for 2009;
- Key geographies covered include the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, China, India, Australia and Brazil;
- Qualitative analysis of key market trends, market drivers, and restraints by each category within DEB market;
- Information on the leading market players, the competitive landscape, and the leading pipeline products and technologies;
- Key players covered include Aachen Resonance, B. Braun, Bayer, Caliber Therapeutics, Cook Medical, Eurocor, Invatec and Lutonix.
Mrs. Alla Martin
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970