French Data Centre Raised Floor Space to Grow from a Relatively Low Base through 2017, Forecasts Tariff Consultancy05 Feb 2013 • by Natalie Aster
Details on the key Data Centre players and segments the facilities as to whether they are Carrier Based, Carrier Neutral or Premium Data Centres (which can cater for larger bundles of power per rack – of up to 20 kW) are reviewed in the report “Data Centre Pricing France – 2012 report” by Tariff Consultancy.
Data Centre Pricing France – 2012 report
Published: October, 2012
Price: US$ 2,400.00
The French Data Centre market includes some five Data Centre segments which are based on the following provider types:
- Carrier Neutral Data Centre specialist providers – Focus on the provision of collocation and housing as their core service and also provide supplementary services such as proximity hosting and access to other services - including network services or cloud computing with reduced latency. Carrier Neutral Data Centre specialists in the TCL survey include Equinix, Interxion and TelecityGroup (with the TelecityGroup Condercet facility in Paris).
- Telecoms & Collocation Data Centre providers – Focus on the provision of telecoms and collocation services with rack space services provided as a supplementary service to a Managed Services provider, traditionally IP or network services, and increasingly a range of hosted and cloud computing services with rack space provided as part of a wider outsourcing service. Telecoms Data Centre providers in the TCL survey include Orange Business Services and SFR Business which possess collocation facilities though-out France.
- Premium Data Centre providers – Focus on the provision of high power and low latency services for high density IT applications such as blade servers, and provide connectivity for end users who require low latency connectivity such as online gaming or algorithmic trading. Premium Data Centre providers in the TCL survey include TelecityGroup, Euclyde and ASP SERVER with new high specification facilities.
- Hosting Data Centre providers – Focus on the provision of hosting services including webbased services with rack space offered from the Data Centre as a supplementary service. Hosting Data Centre providers in the TCL survey include OVH which provide rack space to existing hosting clients.
- Wholesale Data Centre providers – Focus on the provision of large scale Data Centre space for the integrator or telecoms provider, with the space provided for a bespoke client requirement. Pure rack space pricing is not provided; although it may be available from the retail customer.Wholesale Data Centre providers in the TCL survey include Global Switch with one of the largest Data Centre campus facilities in Paris.
The forecast French Data Centre market is behind the UK and German markets but remains ahead of the Dutch Data Centre market in terms of total Data Centre raised floor space that is currently available.
The total amount of French Data Centre raised floor space – forecast by TCL as of the end of 2012 – is shown with its European peers in the bar chart below –TCL forecasts that French Data Centre raised floor space will be behind that of the other main European markets including Germany and the UK as of the end of 2012, but it will be significantly ahead of the Dutch Data Centre market.
The French Data Centre raised floor space forecast - as of the end of 2012 – is also boosted by the inclusion of the TelehouseMagny facility – which has a claimed 66,000 square metres of raised floor space – and is the largest campus style facility in France.
But compared with German and the UK Data Centre markets, the amount of French Data Centre raised floor space is forecast to grow from a relatively low base over the 5 year period from the end of 2012 to the end of 2017.
More information can be found in the report “Data Centre Pricing France – 2012 report” by Tariff Consultancy.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact email@example.com