Exide Industries Ltd Company Review & Analysis Developed by IS Advisors
04 Sep 2012 • by Natalie Aster
Exide Industries manufactures the widest range of storage batteries in the world. The company’s operations are divided into two strategic business divisions (SBUs) - Automotive and Industrial batteries. Improvement in auto OEM sales and pick-up in the auto replacement battery segment going ahead will be the key positives for the company.
IS Advisors offers the Company information and a detailed SWOT Analysis of the company in this report. The report “Exide Industries Ltd.- Company Information & Swot Analysis” provides useful and comprehensive information about the company. This coupled with SWOT Analysis can be utilized for investment related decision.
Lead accounts for 80 per cent of total raw material costs while plastic resins account for 18 per cent. The company has the advantage of having their own smelting units. It acquired Tandon Metals (FY2008) and Leadage Alloys (51 per cent in FY2009 and 49 per cent in FY2011) through which it gets the advantage of low cost lead when compared to its competitors. This reduced the company's dependence on imported lead in FY2011 to 28-30 per cent (-32 per cent in FY2010). Total lead supplied by the captive smelter increased to -52 per cent in FY2011 from -50 per cent in FY2010. Exide has benefitted from its captive sourcing strategy, as lead sourcing from captive smelters is 10-12 per cent cheaper compared to market rates. Going forward, Exide plans to increase sourcing from its smelters to -70 per cent by FY2013.
Scope of the report
- Company’s business profile at a glance
- Aerial view of the company’s financial performance
- Study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company, in the form of SWOT framework
- Examines and identifies key information and issues about company for business intelligence requirements
- Financial comparison of the company with its peers
More Reports on Company Information & Swot Analysis Include:
- Berger Paints India Ltd.- Company Information & Swot Analysis
- Havells India Ltd.- Company Information & Swot Analysis
- Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd.- Company Information & Swot Analysis
- Asian Paints Ltd.- Company Information & Swot Analysis
More new market research reports by can be found at IS Advisors page.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact [email protected]