Voice over Mobile Broadband Technology Opens up New Opportunities for Carriers, States Signals and Systems Telecom14 Aug 2012 • by Natalie Aster
A relatively new term, Voice over Mobile Broadband or simply VoMBB refers to the end to end routing of standard mobile phone calls over a mobile broadband networks such as LTE and HSPA. VoMBB brings unique advantages to carriers in the form of improved spectral efficiency, cost reduction per subscriber, high quality audio, user terminal power savings and the ability to offload voice capacity to other technologies such as WiFi.
Furthermore, VoMBB also allows carriers the opportunity to manage and optimize the flow of mobile VoIP traffic generated by Over The Top (OTT) applications. This can potentially open up new models for charging of voice services and even possible relationships between carriers and OTT application developers for mutual benefits.
The "The Voice over Mobile Broadband (VoMBB) Market: 2012 - 2016" report by Signals and Systems Telecom presents an in depth assessment of the VoMBB ecosystem. Besides analyzing the business case and industry roadmap, including carrier and vendor commitments for VoMBB deployments, the report presents subscription and service forecasts for both VoLTE and VoHSPA from 2012 till 2016 at a regional as well as at a global scale. The report also features an 'Expert Opinion section, featuring exclusive transcripts of vendor interviews on the outlook of VoMBB industry.
The report covers the following topics
- The business case for VoMBB
- The key benefits to carriers for adopting VoMBB
- Carrier and vendor commitments to VoLTE and VoHSPA
- The industry roadmap for both VoLTE and VoHSPA
- Revenue and vendor market share for VoLTE and VoHSPA
- Subscription and service revenue forecasts for VoLTE, VoHSPA,
- 2G/3G circuit switched voice and OTT application based mobile VoIP, globally and by region.
- Exclusive interview transcripts from four leading VoMBB vendors; Kineto, Acme Packet, Ericsson and Mavenir Systems
The Voice over Mobile Broadband (VoMBB) Market: 2012 - 2016
Published: June, 2012
Price: US$ 2.500,00
More information can be found in the report “The Voice over Mobile Broadband (VoMBB) Market: 2012 - 2016” by Signals and Systems Telecom.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact email@example.com