Chile Packaging Industry Expected to Grow at CAGR of 6.71%, According to BRICdata
30 Jul 2012 • by Natalie Aster
The Chilean packaging industry registered strong growth during the review period growing with a CAGR of 5.76%, supported by both growing food exports and the entry of major industry competitors into the domestic market. The food and beverages sector remains the growth key driver of the domestic packaging industry, and is supported by export demand and easy access to raw materials.
The new report "Packaging Industry Outlook in Chile: Market Size, Key Trends, Drivers and Challenges to 2016" by BRICdata states that over the forecast period the industry is expected to grow at a CAGR 6.71%. As the domestic demand for packaging materials increases in line with the recovery in the economy, the Chilean packaging industry is expected to record an improving level of investment. Improving quality standards indicate an increased growth rate for the industry over the forecast period.
Packaging Industry Outlook in Chile: Market Size, Key Trends, Drivers and Challenges to 2016
Published: June, 2012
Price: US$ 1.950,00
Key highlights of this title
- Despite a decline in GDP during 2008–2009, the anticipated economic growth is expected to provide an impetus to the Chilean packaging industry.
- Increased hygiene measures are driving the need for technologically-advanced packaging machinery in the personal care and pharmaceutical industries.
- Active and smart packaging has been gaining popularly in Chile’s food and beverage industry. Companies use active packaging to preserve the quality and extend the shelf life of food.
- Business-friendly regulations resulted in high levels of supplier activity in the Chilean packaging market. This, coupled with an increased export demand, has led to local packaging manufacturers following, and maintaining, international quality standards
- In terms of end-user markets, the food and beverage industry accounts for nearly 73.5% of the packaging market, while the pharmaceutical sector represents 9%.
More information can be found in the report “Packaging Industry Outlook in Chile: Market Size, Key Trends, Drivers and Challenges to 2016” by BRICdata.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact [email protected]