GLP-1R Agonist Market Review by La Merie Most Recently Published at MarketPublishers.com
02 Apr 2012 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – The launch of the once-daily GLP-1R agonist Victoza from Novo Nordisk in 2010 boosted the market size to USD 1.7 billion last year. The unique characteristic of weight reduction as well as the profound blood glucose lowering effect without significant hypoglycemia made GLP-1R agonists to a strongly emerging antidiabetic drug class.
In addition to the three approved Byetta, Victoza and once-weekly Bydureon, the analysis of the GLP-1R agonist pipeline revealed 66 different active drug products in the R&D pipeline for metabolic diseases (diabetes/obesity) ranging from early research to approved products. However, 8 of the 66 are life cycle variations of exenatide, liraglutide and lixisenatide consisting in new formulations for slow release drug delivery (exenatide and liraglutide) and in fixed-ratio combinations with insulin (liraglutide and lixisenatide).
New research report “Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) Receptor Agonists - A Target Pipeline and Stakeholder Analysis 2012” worked out by La Merie provides a compilation of business, commercial, clinical and scientific information about GLP-1 receptor agonists. In particular, the study covers:
- commercial experience with incretin-based therapeutics;
- monthly treatment costs of GLP-1R agonists;
- physician preferences and priorities for GLP-1R agonists;
- GLP-1R agonist market drivers and restraints;
- unmet needs and differentiation between GLP-1R agonists;
- valuation of GLP-1R agonist programs by business transactions;
- next-to-market GLP-1R agonists;
- once-daily subcutaneous GLP-1R agonists;
- long-acting subcutaneous GLP-1R agonists;
- non-invasive peptide GLP-1R agonists;
- oral small molecule GLP-1R agonists;
- combination and dual target Glucagon/GIP and GLP-1R agonists.
The profiles of 46 major companies are also discussed within the study.
Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) Receptor Agonists - A Target Pipeline and Stakeholder Analysis 2012
Published: March, 2012
Price: US$ 2.600,00
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at La Merie page.