UK Foodservice Industry Sentiments Examined in New Canadean Report Published at

16 Feb 2012 • by Natalie Aster

LONDON – In total, 30% of respondents from food service companies have seen some increase in customer footfall over the previous half year, whereas 35% expect to see an increase in footfall over the next half year. A total of 65% of respondents from the profit sector consider seasonal updating of menu and drink options to be the key driver for customer demand. A total of 51% of respondents expect their companies to increase their marketing expenditure over the next 12 months.

‘Locally grown produce’, ‘fresh food’, ‘vegetarian offerings’ and ‘meals prepared from scratch’ are the prominent trends identified by respondents from profit and cost sector channels. A growing awareness of healthy eating habits among customers has led to an increase in a demand for fresh food. This has supported the demand for ‘local produce’, which UK foodservice operators consider one of the best ways to provide fresh food to their customers.

New research report “The UK Foodservice Operators' Business Sentiments and Spending Priorities 2012” elaborated by Canadean has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.

Report Details:

The UK Foodservice Operators' Business Sentiments and Spending Priorities 2012
Published: February, 2012
Pages: 110
Price: US$ 2.000,00

The research report provides a comprehensive analysis of the UK foodservice industry sentiments and explores how opportunities and demand are set to change in 2012.

Report Scope:

  • the opinions and forward looking statements of 241 foodservice industry executives; 
  • review of the activity and expectations of top industry players across the UK; 
  • data and analysis on key customer demand drivers and satisfaction parameters, as well as the major trends driving the foodservice industry; 
  • identification of what suppliers need to do to maintain their business and the key actions taken by industry players to overcome the major business threats; 
  • coverage of key topics including media spend activity, capital expenditure priorities, pricing trends as well as threats and opportunities, revenue, profitability and footfall outlook among foodservice operators; 
  • thorough examination of current practices and insight on future expectations over the next 12 months.

More new research reports by the publisher can be found at Canadean page.


MarketPublishers, Ltd.
Tanya Rezler
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970