New Market Study on Connected Homes: Paradigm Shift in the Way We Live
19 Jan 2012 • by Natalie Aster
In an increasingly saturated market place operators continually struggle to find new revenue streams. The Connected Home offers the best potential for increased revenues, as operators partnered with content providers and OEMs can capitalise on the unique monestiable opportunities offered by an ecosystem of smart devices.
For operators the Connected Home offers to widen revenue stream as all households become high ARPU households. For content providers the Connected Home will provide a surge in demand for commercial content. Overall, the Connected Home's interoperability allows content and services to be delivered to ultimately more end-points, thus increasing revenue opportunities for both content and service providers.
According to the report “Connected Homes Report 2011-2016: A Paradigm Shift in the Way we Live” by Visiongain, although the Connected Home was once a mere concept, our research shows that many consumers are already utilizing various devices and services for low-level smart home functionality. Building on a foundation of consumer interest ecosystem members and new market entrants must act swiftly in order to claim their stake in the $231 billion dollar revenues we believe the Connected home will reap by 2016.
Connected Homes Report 2011-2016: A Paradigm Shift in the Way we Live
Published: November 2011
Price: US$ 475,00
Key points researched and forecasted include:
- How is the connected home ecosystem developing?
- How can cloud be leveraged to offer connected home services?
- What are the opportunities offered by connected homes to mobile network operators?
- What are the economics of delivering digital media and communications to the connected home and where does the value lie?
- What is the future of home entertainment?
- What is the lifecycle stage of connected homes?
- Which geographical regions offer the greatest growth potential for connected homes?
- What will be the role of the tablet in the connected home?
- What products will the service provider need carry to gain connected home market share?
- What are the opportunities for app developers in the connected home arena?
- What are the successful strategies for players to monetise in connected home market?
More information can be found in the report “Connected Homes Report 2011-2016: A Paradigm Shift in the Way we Live” by Visiongain.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact [email protected]