Interactive Services and Customized Solutions to Drive IPTV Market in India30 Sep 2011 • by Natalie Aster
Mumbai – The IPTV market in India was valued at INR 80 mn in 2010 and is estimated to grow strongly. In 2010, IPTV accounted for 0.5% of the total pay TV subscriber base, indicating huge scope for expansion. High demand for interactive and customized digital TV services will provide strong growth avenues to the IPTV market. Increasing role of the government to increase broadband penetration in India and reducing costs of IPTV services will also drive the market.
Netscribes (India) Pvt. Ltd., a knowledge consulting solutions company, announces the launch of the report “IPTV Market in India 2011”.
Published: September 2011
Price: US$ 475.00
IPTV Market in India – Overview:
- IPTV market in India is still at a very nascent stage but has strong growth potential. It is currently being deployed over DSL, ADSL and ADSL2+ network infrastructure owned mostly by telecoms;
- It holds a promising future in the Indian market since it offers entertainment, internet, telephony and video streaming boxed together;
- IPTV market faces stiff competition from existing cable and DTH services as their capital and operating costs are higher as compared to them;
- With increasing broadband penetration, IPTV expects to capture the Indian market once the service cost reduces to a minimal and users are offered trials;
- Interactive applications will play an important role in the future adoption of IPTV and higher demand for them will drive this market in India. Convergence with mobile TV and communication services, personalization of program offerings and targeted advertising will add a new dimension to TV viewing.
IPTV Market in India - Growth
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970