Continuous Technological Advancement Drives the CT Scanner Market in India29 Sep 2011 • by Natalie Aster
Mumbai – Computed Tomography is the major contributor of the growth in the medical imaging industry in India. The Computed Tomography Scanner market is experiencing a rapid growth over the last few years and is expected to continue its trend in the coming years. Continuous up gradation in the CT technologies is the most common trend. Due to introduction of various applications and combination of nuclear medicine with CT technologies, the disease coverage capabilities of CT are increasing over time. CT scan can detect various diseases and continuous improvement in image quality facilitates the diagnosis with much higher accuracy level. Oncology and cardiology are mainly driving the CT scanner segment.
Netscribes (India) Pvt. Ltd., a knowledge consulting solutions company, announces the launch of the report “Computed Tomography Scanner Market in India 2011”.
Published: September 2011
Price: US$ 475.00
CT Scanner Market – Overview
- CT Scanner market is the third largest contributor in the Medical Imaging market in India; after MRI equipment market and Ultrasound equipment market:
- The CT market in India has observed X% growth in 2010 in comparison to 2009;
- The current market size is INR A bn and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of Y% to reach INR F bn by 2015;
- Value wise Segment 1 is the largest contributor in the Indian CT Scanner market; whereas Segment 5 is the highest selling segment in the market;
- Indian market is still heavily dependent on the import of the CT Scanners.
- The players are giving utmost importance in reduction of the dosage of radiation and improvement in the image quality.
Market Size and Growth
Market Segmentation - 2010
Note: Based on number of equipments sold
- Growth in demand for refurbished medical equipments;
- Technological advancement with introduction of higher slices;
- Importance towards reducing radiation dose and price of equipment by OEMs;
- Shifting towards combination Scanners.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970