Consumer Attitudes & Online Retail Dynamics in the US08 Sep 2011 • by Natalie Aster
Despite difficult economic conditions, the US online retail market continued to perform well in the review period and substantial growth is expected in the forecast period. ICD does, however, expect the market to mature towards the end of the forecast period, resulting in declining annual growth rates. In 2010 per capita online retail spending recorded an annual growth of 13.6% compared to a 7.2% growth in 2009.
This growth was predominantly the result of general economic recovery in 2010. Although rapid online sales growth was recorded in the review period as consumers took advantage of greater convenience, lower prices and an increased product range, this growth is expected to slow towards the end of the forecast period as consumers reach a point of equilibrium between what they are willing to buy in traditional stores vs. online.
The report “Consumer Attitudes & Online Retail Dynamics in the US” by iCD Research provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online consumer shopping, covering drivers of online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 25 product categories) and reviews of latest best practice in online retail site design.
Source: ICD Research Analysis / © ICD Research
Published: August, 2011
Price: US$ 1,950.00
The report provides core insights into consumer behavior and highlights the latest online trends and their impact on online product sales. Core data sets give both historical contexts and a view into the future, allowing marketers to update their strategic planning and fill gaps in their knowledge about this rapidly evolving channel. By examining best practice from leading national large-scale online retailers, as well as reviewing innovative approaches from smaller players, the report also provides insights and ideas about how best to approach growing online sales for your business.
- Understand the consumer behavior and online trends in the US; along with which products (of 25 different categories) will be the major winners and losers in the coming years;
- Improve market and strategic planning using highly granular, forward-looking market data;
- Learn from best practice approaches outlined in the case studies of leading online retailers;
- This report provides the magnitude, growth, share and dynamics of the online retail market;
- Core data sets give both historical contexts and a view into the future – providing data from 2005 through to 2015;
- By examining best practice from leading national online retailers, the report also provides insights and ideas about how best to approach growing online sales for your business.
More information can be found in the report “Consumer Attitudes & Online Retail Dynamics in the US” by iCD Research.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970