The Future of Construction in Poland to 2015: UEFA Euro 2012 and EU Structural Funds Driving Growth12 Sep 2011 • by Natalie Aster
Poland recorded a GDP growth of 1.7% in 2009 during a period when most European nations, particularly EU member nations, observed decline. In line with GDP growth, the Polish construction industry endured the global economic crisis and recorded a growth of 9.8%. The Polish construction industry accounted for 7% of the country’s GDP in 2009.
Over 2006–2010 EU membership necessitated development in infrastructure and changes to business policies in accordance with the EU regulatory requirements. In addition, the EU provided significant funding and other incentives for Polish infrastructural development. Additional infrastructure expenditure was supported by the country’s preparation for co-hosting UEFA Euro 2012, which requires infrastructural developments such as the building of stadia and hotels to accommodate spectators. Going forward an influx of returning nationals is anticipated to have a positive impact on the country’s residential market, which has been growing due to a shortage of housing units in the country.
The report “The Future of Construction in Poland to 2015: UEFA Euro 2012 and EU Structural Funds Driving Growth” is the result of ICD’s extensive market and company research covering the Polish construction industry. It provides detailed analysis of both historic and forecast construction industry values at market and category level, analysis of the leading companies in the industry, and key news.
Within the Polish construction industry, infrastructure construction was the largest market in 2010, with a 45.9% market share. In terms of growth, residential construction was the fastest growing market over the review period, with a CAGR of 17.67%. This was followed by commercial construction, with a CAGR of 12.51%.
Published: August, 2011
Price: US$ 1,250.00
The report provides a top-level overview and detailed market, category and company-specific insights into the operating environment for construction contractors. It is an essential tool for companies active across the Polish construction value chain and for new competitors considering entering the industry. The report will allow the user to:
- Identify key growth and investment opportunities within the Polish construction industry;
- Make informed business decisions based on strong historic and forecast data.
- Inform strategic business decisions using strong historic and forecast market sizing data;
- Understand the demand-side dynamics affecting the Polish construction industry;
- Detailed market size, growth, segmentation and forecast data across five key industry categories provides all the essential information needed to assess market dynamics and identify new growth opportunities;
- Detailed profiles of major companies within the Polish construction market enable the reader to benchmark financial performance and assess business strategy against competitors.
More information can be found in the report “The Future of Construction in Poland to 2015: UEFA Euro 2012 and EU Structural Funds Driving Growth” by iCD Research.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact email@example.com
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970