United Arab Emirates Construction Market Survey Published at MarketPublishers.com11 Aug 2011 • by Natalie Aster
The financial crisis and subsequent fall in oil prices had a damaging effect on both the entire UAE economy and the country’s construction industry, causing it to decline by 5.7% compared to a 26.1% growth in 2008. Although the industry rebounded in 2010 due to recovering global markets and increased infrastructure investment in line with the Abu Dhabi Vision 2030 program, it still only recorded a growth of 3.0%, far below the 2008 peak.
The report “The Future of Construction in United Arab Emirates (UAE) to 2015: Infrastructure Development in Abu Dhabi to Remain Robust” is part of iCD Research’s series of 55 studies of construction markets in major and emerging economies worldwide. The report is an essential source of market size information, forecast data and analysis covering the UAE construction industry.
In the forecast period, industry growth is expected to remain sluggish due to reduced credit availability as a result of the recent restructuring of Dubai’s debt. Increased infrastructure investment is expected to continue and the UAE construction industry is expected to register a CAGR of 7.45% in the forecast period.
Within the UAE construction industry, infrastructure construction was the largest market in 2010, with a market share of 27.3%. In terms of growth, the industrial construction market registered the highest review period CAGR of 13.14% and is expected to record a CAGR of 4.01% during the forecast period. Commercial construction was the second fastest-growing market during the review period, recording a CAGR of 12.00%.
The Future of Construction in United Arab Emirates (UAE) to 2015: Infrastructure Development in Abu Dhabi to Remain Robust
Published: July, 2011
Price: US$ 1,250
- Detailed profiles of major companies within the UAE construction market enable the reader to benchmark financial performance and assess business strategy against competitors;
- Detailed market size, growth, segmentation and forecast data across five key industry categories provides all the essential information needed to assess market dynamics and identify new growth opportunities;
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within five key industry categories: Commercial Construction, Industrial Construction, Infrastructure Construction, Institutional Construction and Residential Construction;
- Understand the demand-side dynamics affecting the UAE construction industry;
- Inform strategic business decisions with strong historic and forecast market sizing data.
More information can be found in the report “The Future of Construction in United Arab Emirates (UAE) to 2015: Infrastructure Development in Abu Dhabi to Remain Robust” by iCD Research.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact email@example.com
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970