Dried up Demand on Asian Paraxylene Markets to Bring Prices Lower According to Merchant Research & Consulting, Ltd.21 Jun 2011 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – The market price for paraxylene started to decline following the weakening regional Asian markets. This trend is also thought to be prevailing through the 3 summer months of 2011. The US market for paraxylene is holding the pace thanks to its major allied markets, the European marketers however are reporting some surplus of the material.
The earthquake and the devastating tsunami in Japan have dramatically affected the global market of paraxylene for the polyester value chain. The Asian market for paraxylene has shifted vividly due to these events. The demand for this petrochemical also dried up in China thus making it difficult for sellers to trade on the global market.
Paraxylene (PX): 2011 World Market Outlook And Forecast is an essential resource for the detailed information on the reviewed market. In addition to the descriptive part, the report provides a range of tables and figures which give a true insight into the relevant national, regional and global markets of paraxylene.
Scope of the report:
- The report represents a thorough study of paraxylene, covering both global and regional markets;
- It aims to give a proper picture of the pertinent market, as well as its trends, perspectives and opportunities;
- It covers the present situation, historical background and future forecast of paraxylene market;
- Comprehensive data showing styrene production, consumption, trade statistics and prices are provided (both nationwide and worldwide);
- Essential news and press releases on the paraxylene market under investigation are added;
- The report offers a 5 year outlook on the reviewed market, including paraxylene market volume predictions and price trends.
The study on paraxylene has been completed by Merchant Research & Consulting Ltd, an internationally recognized market research agency, specializing in chemical industry. “Paraxylene (PX): 2011 World Market Outlook And Forecast” is included into the catalogue “Petrochemicals”, which also highlights Benzene, Caprolactam (CPL), Dioctyl Phthalate (DOP), Ethylbenzene (EB), Ethylene, Formaldehyde, Melamine, Orthoxylene, Phenol, Phthalic Anhydride (PA), Toluene markets.
Merchant Research & Consulting Ltd.
Julia Hill, Sales Manager
Tel: +44 20 7558 8740
Fax: +44 (20) 7900-3970