- The report contains detailed information about Sodexo that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sodexo. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sodexo financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sodexo competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sodexo business.
Sodexo engages in the design, management, and delivery of service solutions through on-site service solutions and motivation solutions.
On-site Service Solutions
The company designs, manages, and delivers on-site service solutions for its clients with services that range from: foodservices to construction management, reception to the maintenance of scanners and laboratory equipment, technical maintenance, river and harbor cruises and from housekeeping to rehabilitation services at correctional facilities.
Its solutions are available in eight client segments: Corporate, Defense, Justice, Remote Sites, Health
Care, Seniors, Education, and Sports and Leisure. These solutions offered on client sites complemented by personal and home service solutions within the Corporate and Seniors segments.
The company is the partner of public and private organizations to design, manage, and deliver motivation solutions to attract and retain employees, and deliver social benefits. The Pass, designed by the company to serve a variety of purposes, from meal vouchers to gift and mobility cards, is accepted by a network of approximately one million retailers and service providers worldwide.
The company, in 2008, acquired Score Group, a provider of foodservices in France; Zehnacker in Germany, a specialist in comprehensive facilities management; Radhakrishna Hospitality Services Group (RKHS) in India; and Comfort Keepers, a franchisor of nonmedical in-home services for seniors and dependent persons in the North American market.
Corporate: The companys customers are Adidas, AkzoNobel, Alcatel, Areva, AstraZeneca, AXA, EADS, Ericsson, ExxonMobil, General Electric, HSBC-EDPI, IBM, KLM, Nokia, Novartis, Pfizer, PSA, Rechtbank, Renault, Sanofi-Aventis, SAP, Schering-Plough, Société Générale, Toyota, and Unilever.
Defense: The companys customers are Australian Defense Force, Astilleros y Maestranzas de la Armada Naval Base, Civil Defense Force Basic Rescue Training Centre and Academy, Swedish Defense Forces, British Sovereign Base Area, British Ministry of Defence, and U.S. Defense Logistics Agency.
Justice: The companys customers include Ministry of Justice in Chile, France, Italy, and Netherlands; Catalonia Government; and Home Ministry, Ministry of Justice, and the Scottish Prison Service.
Remote Sites: The companys customers include BP, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, Noble Drilling, Saudi Aramco, Seadrill, Schlumberger, Shell, Statoil, Total, Transocean, Inc., Barrick Gold, BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Vale, Fluor Daniel, JGC, Punj Lloyd, and SNC Lavalin.
Healthcare: The companys customers are Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Center, AI DuPont Hospital for Children, Albert Schweitzer Ziekenhuis, Bangkok Dusit Medical Services, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Clinica Alemana, Diakonische Dienste in der Heide, German Heart Institute Berlin, Grupo Unimed, Gruppo Policlinico di Monza, Hillingdon & Mount Vernon Hospitals, Huashan Hospital, ICESP Hospital do Cancer de São Paulo, KCS Klinikum Catering Service, Medi-Partenaires, Nuffield Hospitals, 12 de Octubre Hospital, Orbis Medical Park, Ospedale dellAngelo, Pantai Hospital Group, Privatklinik Rudolfinerhaus, Shanghai No 1 Peoples Hospital, Stockholm County Council, University Hospital of Ghent, Vanderbilt University Hospital, York Central Hospital, and Ziekenhuis Netwerk Antwerpen.
Seniors: The companys customers include Abbeyfield House, Achieve Foundation, ADAPT (Association aiding people with disabilities in professional and social environments), Châtillon (France), Arbor Glen, Asbury Communities, Inc., Centro Medico P. Richiedei, Domain Aged Care, Eichenhole Nursing home, Foundation Caisses dEpargne pour la Solidarité, Franciscan Sisters of Chicago Service Corporation, Fundacion Sociosanitaria de Barcelona, Gran Hotel Philadelphia, Istituto Palazzolo Don Gnocchi, Korian, Maison de Soins de Bettenbourg, MENSA, MMI, and Pension Schloss Kahlsperg in Oberalm.
Education: The companys customers include Al Yasmina School, American School of Bombay, Asian Institute of Technology, Australian Institute of Management, Bradford University, Brock University, Campus Sainte-Thérèse, Dulwich College, Ecole Française de Riyadh, Endicott College, Garden International School, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, International School Hamburg, Liessin School, Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru, Providence Public Schools, Tanglin Trust International School, Universidad Andrès Bello, Universidad Europea de Madrid, Université Saint-Joseph, University of South Carolina, and University of Technology and Economics.
Sports and leisure: The companys customers include Chidrens museum of Indianapolis, Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens, Dallas Museum of Art, Detroit Institute of Art, Hippodrome race courses, LOlympique Lyonnais Football Club, LOlympique de Marseille Football Club, Le Tour de France, Newcastle United Football Club, Seattle Aquarium, The Dakar Rally, The John G. Shedd Aquarium, Blenheim Palace, Huntington Library Gardens Café, Roland Garros Tennis Stadium, The Restaurants of the Eiffel Tower, St. Bartholomews Church, The Churchill Museum & Cabinet War Rooms, Centre dAffaires Étoile Saint-Honoré, Conference Center at NorthPointe, Johnson Space Center, La Maison des Polytechniciens, Les Salons de la Maison des Arts et Métiers, San Ramon Valley Conference Center, Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico), Bank of America, BAT, BNP Paribas, EADS, and ING Bank.
Sodexo was founded in 1966.
1. SODEXO COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SODEXO BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SODEXO SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SODEXO FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SODEXO COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sodexo Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sodexo and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sodexo and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sodexo Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sodexo Industry Position Analysis
6. SODEXO NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SODEXO EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SODEXO ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SODEXO PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SODEXO PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. SODEXO VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sodexo Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sodexo Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sodexo Major Shareholders
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Sodexo Offices and Representations
Sodexo SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sodexo Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sodexo Capital Market Snapshot
Sodexo Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Sodexo Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sodexo Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Sodexo Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sodexo 1-year Stock Charts
Sodexo 5-year Stock Charts
Sodexo vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sodexo vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sodexo Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?